Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA to buy Remington Ammo Division?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

PSA to buy Remington Ammo Division?

Supposedly the PSA holding company has made a $65 million dollar bid for Remingtons ammo manuf. Division....

Im sure no one here will now use Remington ammo....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Great move for PSA if true. It's one area they haven't really expanded into.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Great move for PSA if true. It's one area they haven't really expanded into.

9mm and 5.56 Daily Deals can't start soon enough!
    Last edited by Esq.; 09-24-20 at 07:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Supposedly the PSA holding company has made a $65 million dollar bid for Remingtons ammo manuf. Division....

Im sure no one here will now use Remington ammo....
    FYI- Remington ammo has had its share of troubles & lawsuits also. I quit buying ANYTHING/EVERYTHING Remngton some time ago.
    I want nothing from that company and its current owners.
    However- how wonderful would it be, if PSA..or ANYONE, would buy that great once great name...and simply go back to the way things were made before 2007 or so. Make em like they did in the 60's-90's.
    I HATE seeing what theyve turned into. I really hope PSA wil take over the brand & lovingly restore it to its former glory.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    FYI- Remington ammo has had its share of troubles & lawsuits also. I quit buying ANYTHING/EVERYTHING Remngton some time ago.
    I want nothing from that company and its current owners.
    However- how wonderful would it be, if PSA..or ANYONE, would buy that great once great name...and simply go back to the way things were made before 2007 or so. Make em like they did in the 60's-90's.
    I HATE seeing what theyve turned into. I really hope PSA wil take over the brand & lovingly restore it to its former glory.
    I still shoot Remington ammo. Their centerfire, core lokt bullets are some of the best for medium game at reasonable cost. Their rimfire ammo is shit. Ive always had good luck with the UMC line of training ammo.

You can't name a major ammo company that hasnt been sued. Hornady Frontier is only the most recent major line that has blown the crap out of several guns.....

Feedback Score
    Anyone have a link?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Anyone have a link?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/re...or-65-million/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I still shoot Remington ammo. Their centerfire, core lokt bullets are some of the best for medium game at reasonable cost. Their rimfire ammo is shit. Ive always had good luck with the UMC line of training ammo.

You can't name a major ammo company that hasnt been sued. Hornady Frontier is only the most recent major line that has blown the crap out of several guns.....
    What you say is correct..HOWEVER..those lawsuits go along with the SCORES of other ones Remington has had since the nineties.
    Yes, I too loved the Core-Lokt bullets...killed scads of deer and stuff with them. Again, correct on the rimfire ammo..pure crap.
    The last batch of UMC I shot & chronoed, which was a long time ago...was utter crap. Wound up just shooting it all up to get rid of it.
    I just wash my hands of them, unless/until someone buys them and brings them back to former glory.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Did you read all the way to the bottom? Some more info there:

"UPDATE: The Wall Street Journal report on which this post was based was premature. JJE Capital Holdings has put in a bid for Remington’s ammunition business. However we’ve spoken to Remington and the JJE bid is one of a number that have been received, both for Remington as a whole and for individual business lines. Most haven’t been made public yet. The bankruptcy court has until September 17th to accumulate all bids and then will finalize the sale(s) on September 24th."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sva01 View Post
    Did you read all the way to the bottom? Some more info there:

"UPDATE: The Wall Street Journal report on which this post was based was premature. JJE Capital Holdings has put in a bid for Remington’s ammunition business. However we’ve spoken to Remington and the JJE bid is one of a number that have been received, both for Remington as a whole and for individual business lines. Most haven’t been made public yet. The bankruptcy court has until September 17th to accumulate all bids and then will finalize the sale(s) on September 24th."
    Indeed. Thats why the thread title ends with a QUESTION MARK. Its not finalized...but, I have to believe they are one of the strongest competitors given their product diversity and expansion over the last 10 years....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast