Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA to buy Remington Ammo Division?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Make em like they did in the 60's. -
    Might want to toss in some hearing protection. I had watched this before and never caught that part of the test firing segment. Holy Crap! I guess after the first week they didn't notice it or anything else.

Last edited by jsbhike; 09-24-20 at 08:23.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    What you say is correct..HOWEVER..those lawsuits go along with the SCORES of other ones Remington has had since the nineties.
    Yes, I too loved the Core-Lokt bullets...killed scads of deer and stuff with them. Again, correct on the rimfire ammo..pure crap.
    The last batch of UMC I shot & chronoed, which was a long time ago...was utter crap. Wound up just shooting it all up to get rid of it.
    I just wash my hands of them, unless/until someone buys them and brings them back to former glory.
    I haven't bought any UMC in awhile to be fair, all of mine is from 10 years ago or so....

My real hope is that PSA could buy them and initiate some of the same quality improvements they have with their rifles. They have come a long way. Any full production, American ammo company is to be hoped for these days....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    PSA is part of the JJE family. I always suspected PSA was selling imported goods but after looking at the JJE site it looks like the family is capable of making anything AR in house including a forge and machine shop turning out 1800 barrels a day. https://jjech.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Might want to toss in some hearing protection. I had watched this before and never caught that part of the test firing segment. Holy Crap! I guess after the first week they didn't notice it or anything else.

I wept.
    Thank you.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I haven't bought any UMC in awhile to be fair, all of mine is from 10 years ago or so....

My real hope is that PSA could buy them and initiate some of the same quality improvements they have with their rifles. They have come a long way. Any full production, American ammo company is to be hoped for these days....
    Again- I agree 100% .
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Supposedly the PSA holding company has made a $65 million dollar bid for Remingtons ammo manuf. Division....

Im sure no one here will now use Remington ammo....
    I’ll use the crap out of it if it is of reasonable quality and price.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I carry 147 grain Golden Sabers because I got 3000 of them last year. I need more.

Feedback Score
    I still have some Remington Golden Saber rounds in both 9mm and 40 S&W. I also have few boxes of their newer Golden Saber Black Belt rounds as well. Never had a malfunction using their ammunition over the years.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I didn't realize Remington held the Barnes label as well.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony617 View Post
    I still have some Remington Golden Saber rounds in both 9mm and 40 S&W. I also have few boxes of their newer Golden Saber Black Belt rounds as well. Never had a malfunction using their ammunition over the years.
    I was able, last minute, to buy some Golden Saber .38 Spl to feed some of my J Frames and other wheel guns.... It's something I had kinda neglected in favor of stocking lots of 9mm and 5.56.... Glad to have it!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast