Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of pure curiosity, What would happen IF...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Out of pure curiosity, What would happen IF...

What would happen IF President Trump decided that since the Demonrats think its SUCH a great idea..that HE was going to "pack the Court" and add 2-3 more himself?
    Should he win re-election..and Repubs retain the Senate, what would be the downside to adding more conservative judges?
    And- HOW would the the demonrats argue against it at this point?
    IS there a Contitutional argument for or agin this? A moral argument? If so, what?
    If NOTHING else- if Trump announced he was goin to do that- would they, the media, the leftists not just shat themselves?
    It would be worth it just to see THAT come-apart!
    Thoughts & opinions on this gents.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 09-24-20 at 07:57.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I said he should do as much in another thread. Why should the ComDems be the only ones to threaten to do this? I think he would but don’t have a lot of confidence that the Republicans in the Senate would vote for it.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    So, we have the wining hand, and you want to change the rules so that anyone can win? I don't get it.

Let the dems be the ones that change the rules, I'm not sure that they have the votes, and if they do it, I don't see them surviving long - mainly politically, but if they literally go beyond stacking the deck to adding cards to the deck.... ugh. Talk about a lack of legitimacy.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Whether it's moral/ethical or legal, those are two entirely different questions.

Whether he should/shouldn't, it would be highly entertaining to hear him say after his pick gets confirmed for the RBG seat, "...and for my next trick, I agree with my democrat colleagues regarding their desire for judicial oversight and we will stack the court, my additional nominees to be confirmed forthwith...."

Feedback Score
    No, always take the moral high ground. The people who have been brainwashed by propaganda can’t be told the truth, they have to see it. The more republicans act like lawless assholes (I.e. act like democrats) the more the propaganda works.

There is room for debate in politics. Republicans don’t always get every single thing right. (Patriot Act?). I wouldn’t support changes that would lead to a complete lock-out of Democrats from power. That’s their game, They see zero value in conservatives. They all for doing away with the electoral college and other power-monopolizing changes. They will be the ones who broke the system, not us. They will be the ones who shat on the constitution, Not us.

Just like a Christian . . . . sometimes it’s really hard to walk the right path. But keep the faith and be an example to others. Always take the moral high ground.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    At some point the Adults have to take the helm again.
    Now are Chuck and Nancy going to sit down with their counterparts any time soon? Doubt it. Nancy hasn't spoken to the President in over a year, the volume keeps getting turned up in the media and the media and the Democrats are locked in step.
    So in order for our Country to operate with two parties that can move forward together, you have to tear down the Democratic party (Like Trump did the GOP) and rebuild it in a more cooperative manner.
    So in order for it to work there needs to be a serious purge of those on the far left fringe. Violence can not be accepted and left unchecked.

Edit to add, what will it take for them to wake up and smell the coffee?
    Years ago an election with the Democrats being swept from power, some major scandals coming to light and the House, Senate and Presidency are all held for 8 years by the GOP, might have done the trick. I don't know about that anymore.
    Last edited by Averageman; 09-24-20 at 09:25.

Feedback Score
    As delicious as the salt mining would be if the R's were to do that, it sets us down a bad path. Political influence is usually a pendulum and the D's will eventually see the ability to either undo the increase or simply add to the number of justices even further. Where would that end? Fifty or sixty justices?

A reliably conservative court would certainly lead to some excellent rulings. But those rulings would mean nothing by the time the next election rolled around. The D's were warned about not messing with procedure/precedent and it's biting them now. We should learn from that as well as benefiting from it.

Feedback Score
    I thought that there weren’t democratic or republican judges, just judges. Trump got his head jumped on by everybody including Roberts when he said that they were Republican and Democratic judges. So it doesn’t matter who we fill RBG seat with then right?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I don't care which party would pack the court, add States, do away with our system of selecting President it would be wrong and needs to be opposed.

Do you think a Republican dictatorship would be any better than a Democrat run police state. The only difference is instead of being rounded up first under the Marxist you would get rounded up later.

No Thanks.

Feedback Score
    At some point the left is going to get the fight they want. But they won’t want the fight they get. Everyone has a limit, and sooner or later the left will push the wrong people over the line. Whatever that action may be. Pack the court, dismantle the electoral college, what have you. In that case, there will be no stopping it. There will be a purge. If you are a democrat in office you will be “removed”. If you are liberal or progressive in your thought process, you will be “removed”.

The libs, to me, are the only ones talking. You hear all kinds of bat shit crazy talk from the left. The right is just monotone. At some point someone needs to stand up and look the bastards in the eye and tell them to get screwed, in a mean and nasty way.

There are people in this world who only respond to a punch in the face. So punch them.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast