Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Retro movement hits breakfast cereals

Feedback Score

The Retro movement hits breakfast cereals

Doesn't this just mean they've put all the sugar back into the recipe?

"Golden Grahams have honey again (hasn't had honey for years), Cocoa Puffs are more chocolatey, the Cookie Crisp tastes more like chocolate chip cookies, and the classic fruity shapes are back with Trix."

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...-1980s-recipes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, I just this week started back eating TOTAL & GRAPE NUTS.
    WORD TO THE WISE: Do not eat these and expect to leave the house anytime soon.
    You cant.
    Also- recently tried TRIX for the first time in decades. They sucked SO BAD I couldnt get thru the box. Had the most awful chemically tasting fake fruit taste I ever tasted. just awful.
    Thank goodness they aint messed with Capn Crunch yet..although I did try a "limited time" flavor last summer was even worse than the Trix.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Back in the day we had "Sugar Pops" and "Sugar Smacks", although the word "sugar" is a no-no these days.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    They going to put Caitlin Jenner back on the Wheaties box?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    They going to put Caitlin Jenner back on the Wheaties box?
    SPEAKING of Wheaties...I just yesterday saw where General Mills is actually dropping that brand from their line up...very low/slow sales over the last few years it said.
    As for Miss Thang...Lord I hope not.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Back in the day we had "Sugar Pops" and "Sugar Smacks", although the word "sugar" is a no-no these days.
    And don't forget "Sugar Frosted Flakes"....now known as "Frosted Flakes". Didn't Kentucky Fried Chicken go all health craze by changing the name to an acronym "KFC" ? Fried was bad and clogged the arteries so they wanted to appear hip and healthy.

It never bothered me. While a student at the University of Arizona, there used to be joint on Speedway Blvd. in Tucson near the northwest side of campus. It's was called "Greasy Tony's". They had sweatshirts which had their logo and the wording: "No charge for extra grease". A year after I graduated, a film titled "Revenge of the Nerds" was filmed there and the character "Booger Dawson" had a Greasy Tony's shirt. Now the world is too uptight about everything.
    Last edited by OH58D; 09-24-20 at 10:12.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I used to remember Saturday mornings getting up at the crack of dawn, eating either Captain Crunch or Froot Loops or THIS:

And then when Soul Train came on, you knew cartoons were over, so I went outside and either skateboarded or rode bikes.

I find it disingenuous that these big, GLOBALIST corporations are trying to repackage and sell us back our childhoods when they had the power to do it this whole time.

I’m not paying scalpers price on a Gen 1 Glock. I’m not playing the “limited edition” spiel. I went through that with the NES Classic. I just wanted to play some games without hour long cut scenes or suggestions or a lot of rigmarole. In the 80s you either got gud or you got game overs.

I’m not spending 3 grand on a Colt XM-177E2. They have the power and they do this.

As I have aged, I cannot do cereal anymore but they keep selling this healthy shit when we just want some sugar bombs.

I hate this bisexual, Communist, backwards ass society where you can’t have things either because of usury, the Red Chinese, or because some hippie goes to the news trying to be a hero.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We had cereal when I was really young, but as I got older I was blessed with many more siblings, so many that it became in fact cheaper to eat things like eggs from our own Chickens and fresh Milk from the Dairy down the road than Sugar Smacks.
    I remember my younger Brother saw that Grandma had cereal and he lost his mind. He suffered through a giant bowl of Grandpa's "Grapenuts" one morning while I had eggs, more eggs and toast. I believe even Grandma laughed at my Brothers predicament.
    I haven't had sugar in a very long time, I can't at this point imagine eating some sort of candy, let alone some Sugar Smacks.
    Three cups of coffee, a dip of snuff and then off to the gym. I might eat a half dozen eggs when I get back.

Feedback Score
    I ate them, too.

They're junk. Dont even taste good to me anymore. Gross even.

I eat oatmeal (w/milk) with friut in it and Greek yogurt for breakfast. The beverage is water with a pack of vitamins added to it. Carb, fat, protein, fiber, it's all there. Probably a little too much sugar, but I burn it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This deserves it's own post;
    My Dad was an old school Paratrooper, not particularly the best at parenting, but he gave it a hell of a try. Dad making breakfast was an adventure in everything we now know not to do with food.
    Start with two cans of Spam, grill it up until it's crispy. Three pieces of Spam per sandwich.
    Now get some of those Kraft Cheese Slices, not real cheese, but not quite plastic.
    Wonder Bread Toasted to a beautiful tan color.
    Fried Hard Eggs, two per sammich.
    So Wonder Bread, then cheese slice, add two eggs, then three slices of Spam more cheese and another slice of Wonder Bread.
    The grease would run down to your elbow, the bread would get soggy with grease and you had to use some strategy to finish it before it fell apart.

I think there were five of us at that time, Mom was careful to limit my Dad's gastronomical experiments on kids, usually he only got away with this when she was in the Hospital and having another kid.
    It's a wonder those sandwiches didn't lock up our hearts.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast