Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Retro movement hits breakfast cereals

Feedback Score
    It's 1970. I'm 10 years old. Riding my bike without a helmet (and so did all the other kids. Did bike helmets even exist back then?). Nobody I knew had a peanut allergy, and fried foods were the norm (in the South, anyway). No Internet. No computers. No cell phones. TV had all of 6 channels. And nobody ever heard of gluten.

Of course, we all tend to remember the pleasant things. I'd rather go to the dentist in 2020 than 1970. And I had to suffer through chicken pox and the mumps as there were no vaccines at that time.

And who knew the muscle cars that I saw driving around all the time would be worth so much money today?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    It's 1970. I'm 10 years old. Riding my bike without a helmet (and so did all the other kids. Did bike helmets even exist back then?). Nobody I knew had a peanut allergy, and fried foods were the norm (in the South, anyway). No Internet. No computers. No cell phones. TV had all of 6 channels. And nobody ever heard of gluten.

Of course, we all tend to remember the pleasant things. I'd rather go to the dentist in 2020 than 1970. And I had to suffer through chicken pox and the mumps as there were no vaccines at that time.

And who knew the muscle cars that I saw driving around all the time would be worth so much money today?
    I would say we had similar Childhoods, However when they added the third trash can and raised the ramp about ten degrees, Well I wimped out and put on an old football helmet. \
    Evil did it, so it isn't all bad.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    That was my hi skrule PARKING lot in the early '80's!!!

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    That was my hi skrule PARKING lot in the early '80's!!!

We all know ol buddy with the van probably got more tail than the guys with sports cars

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456