Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Retro movement hits breakfast cereals

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I eat Frosted Flakes for the past 15 months M-F to go to work. It works.

Feedback Score
    Do they use real sugar in their cereal now? Or have been using HFC for the sweetening their cereal? I guess I could look it up.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Thank goodness they aint messed with Capn Crunch yet..although I did try a "limited time" flavor last summer was even worse than the Trix.
    Heh... oh, there's rumors that will be changing too... because 'Cap is 'racis' and doesn't represent blah blah blah', you know the spiel.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Heh... oh, there's rumors that will be changing too... because 'Cap is 'racis' and doesn't represent blah blah blah', you know the spiel.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Well, I just this week started back eating TOTAL & GRAPE NUTS.
    WORD TO THE WISE: Do not eat these and expect to leave the house anytime soon.
    You cant.
    Also- recently tried TRIX for the first time in decades. They sucked SO BAD I couldnt get thru the box. Had the most awful chemically tasting fake fruit taste I ever tasted. just awful.
    Thank goodness they aint messed with Capn Crunch yet..although I did try a "limited time" flavor last summer was even worse than the Trix.
    Add Crackling Oat Bran to that list of bullet train bathroom trips .. Everything now I believe, doesn't have the high fructose corn syrup.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Because America is not fat enough.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Honeycombs. FTW!!!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This deserves it's own post;
    My Dad was an old school Paratrooper, not particularly the best at parenting, but he gave it a hell of a try. Dad making breakfast was an adventure in everything we now know not to do with food.
    Start with two cans of Spam, grill it up until it's crispy. Three pieces of Spam per sandwich.
    Now get some of those Kraft Cheese Slices, not real cheese, but not quite plastic.
    Wonder Bread Toasted to a beautiful tan color.
    Fried Hard Eggs, two per sammich.
    So Wonder Bread, then cheese slice, add two eggs, then three slices of Spam more cheese and another slice of Wonder Bread.
    The grease would run down to your elbow, the bread would get soggy with grease and you had to use some strategy to finish it before it fell apart.

I think there were five of us at that time, Mom was careful to limit my Dad's gastronomical experiments on kids, usually he only got away with this when she was in the Hospital and having another kid.
    It's a wonder those sandwiches didn't lock up our hearts.
    Uuughhhh....your poor blood and colon...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Uuughhhh....your poor blood and colon...
    It was the Sixties, what can I say?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This deserves it's own post;
    My Dad was an old school Paratrooper, not particularly the best at parenting, but he gave it a hell of a try. Dad making breakfast was an adventure in everything we now know not to do with food.
    Start with two cans of Spam, grill it up until it's crispy. Three pieces of Spam per sandwich.
    Now get some of those Kraft Cheese Slices, not real cheese, but not quite plastic.
    Wonder Bread Toasted to a beautiful tan color.
    Fried Hard Eggs, two per sammich.
    So Wonder Bread, then cheese slice, add two eggs, then three slices of Spam more cheese and another slice of Wonder Bread.
    The grease would run down to your elbow, the bread would get soggy with grease and you had to use some strategy to finish it before it fell apart.

I think there were five of us at that time, Mom was careful to limit my Dad's gastronomical experiments on kids, usually he only got away with this when she was in the Hospital and having another kid.
    It's a wonder those sandwiches didn't lock up our hearts.
    If you weren’t drinking lukewarm Red color Kool Aid then I will be forced to call BS.

(Because my old man did the same thing)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast