Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Redi-mag/ Spare mag? Another lesson fron Kyle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Redimag (for me) is the worst option, I dont want more weight and bulk on my gun.
    I remember a time, just after Art Of The Tactical Carbine came out, everyone was scrambling to get their hands on a Redimag. Now I wouldn’t even know where to find one
    Last edited by Bodhisattva05X; 09-25-20 at 02:42.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Rifle mags are large and heavy enough that a spare on the gun will be clumsy.

For a grab-and-go in a vehicle, a compact "active shooter" bag or a simple battle belt with 2-3 rifle mags are decent options.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post
    This is exactly why I made this thread. Yall can say he should have had gear but your average person doesnt. Stick a spare mag in a pocket or use something on the gun

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post
    So why not welcome them? Ive seen several first time Ar owner posts in the last few weeks. People are on here for good advice and to learn.
    While I agree it's not necessarily the norm, most individuals who seek out forums are looking for a deeper level of understanding on the subject. To that end, someone who is planning for an event where they intend to rely on a carbine should treat it as a weapons system.

The chest rig with spare mags, medical and other necessities should be a cohesive unit and travel everywhere the firearm does. Seems like this thought process is starting to become more commonplace but should certainly be encouraged.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpetros View Post
    While I agree it's not necessarily the norm, most individuals who seek out forums are looking for a deeper level of understanding on the subject. To that end, someone who is planning for an event where they intend to rely on a carbine should treat it as a weapons system.

The chest rig with spare mags, medical and other necessities should be a cohesive unit and travel everywhere the firearm does. Seems like this thought process is starting to become more commonplace but should certainly be encouraged.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Sometimes members who have joined fairly recently are spot on.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Just to clarify, my truck rifle is the only rifle I keep a redi-mag on. I don’t use it on other rifles because it adds weight and bulk.

With my other rifles I feel that the preparations I made “around them” increase the probability that I will have the space to grab extra supplies. With the truck gun, I assessed that the probability of having that space is lower. Hence, I use a redi-mag to fill that gap.

I don’t think that the redi-mag is very good for general use, but given certain conditions, it has a place.

Feedback Score
    When the rifle's at home, it sits ready with two mags taped together. Being a lefty, the redi-mag doesn't exactly fit my needs from an ergonomic perspective. But I find having 60 rounds on board a whole lot more appealing than just 30.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have the Israeli coupler and a Pmag Mag clamp deal. Both are horribly bulky and heavy. The Israeli a little less bulky though. I keep the pmag deal in my truck, but neither is in a gun full time.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have several ETS AR mags that couple together.
    They SEEM to be very secure to each other, not had any issues with their mags, AR or pistol.
    But after using them snapped together several times- I just thought it to be too heavy, bulky and just cumbersome.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    When I took an AR training class we put spare magazines in our pockets. It was fairly hot for a chest rig even though I believe everyone had a chest rig. It was pretty interesting when you had other person load your magazine and randomly put dummy rounds in as well so never knew when you going hit dummy round.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If I knew I had to defend against shit bags like Kyle did, I would definitely take the weight/bulk hit and have that extra mag. But for general home D, I single mag it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast