Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redi-mag/ Spare mag? Another lesson fron Kyle.

Feedback Score

Redi-mag/ Spare mag? Another lesson fron Kyle.

So, Kyle Rittenhouse smoked 2 guys and wounded 1 other with what we would consider a piece of shit ar15.

He had 1 magazine in the gun and no visible spare.

Does that make you want to run a redi-mag or coupler on your carbine in case of a malfunction?

BTW if you havent watched the vid from his lawyer, do it and spread it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4dhPM99i4I&t=194s
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    Personally, I never carry without also carrying at least one spare mag regardless of gun / platform.

Kyle was lucky to have no malfunctions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    “If you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow” Chuck Colson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If I grab my ready AR15, I grab the 30rd AR mag next to it in a tekloc mag carrier and clip it to my belt. Or if time was a factor, just stuff it in my pocket.

If it was going down, I'd grab the normal looking shoulder bag next to the AR15 mag which has 5xAR mags, 3xGlock mags, and some other essentials (flashlight, multitool, gloves, weapon lube).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post
    So, Kyle Rittenhouse smoked 2 guys and wounded 1 other with what we would consider a piece of shit ar15.

He had 1 magazine in the gun and no visible spare.

Does that make you want to run a redi-mag or coupler on your carbine in case of a malfunction?

BTW if you havent watched the vid from his lawyer, do it and spread it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4dhPM99i4I&t=194s

I’ve messed with coupled mags a little bit and honestly the extra weight kind of puts me off. But I’m not generally doing serious shit with my AR. So for day to day stuff, probably not. If Kenosha Pt.2 broke out in rural Maine though I might start looking into having a second mag onboard. I have 40rd Pmags and a couple D60s if capacity is what I’m after, but if the idea is to have a second mag in the event of a magazine failure of some kind, I do have a Magpul coupler but honestly if I really did want a second mag readily accessible in that manner I’d probably just go with some duct tape in the vein of Larry Vickers’ “Scudhunter” setup.
    In most situations where I’d have legit expectation of potentially needing an AR outside of the house I would most likely be wearing a “battle belt” with a spare mag or two on it, because the S has HTF or would have access to the extra mags I keep in my vehicle. Having an extra mag on the gun though still isn’t a bad idea because there’s a good chance if one has to ditch a vehicle, that you are not going to have time to grab very much stuff on your way out.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 09-24-20 at 09:26.

Feedback Score

Redi-mag/ Spare mag? Another lesson fron Kyle.

What brand of AR15 did Kyle carry? Was it a PSA or something? Nothing wrong with that and I built a few AR that used a variety of parts and they fire fine and have taken them the range quite a bit over the past few years.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony617 View Post
    What brand of AR15 did Kyle carry? Was it a PSA or something? Nothing wrong with that and I built a few AR that used a variety of parts and they fire fine and have taken them the range quite a bit over the past few years.
    If I remember correctly it was some flavor of Smith and Wesson Sport, the Optics Ready model. I seem to recall reading a police report that identified the rifle as a Smith & Wesson.

EDIT: this thing I think.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...i-optics-ready

I’ve heard that as low tier ARs go, the S&W Sports are one of the “better” ones. The “best of the worst” as it were....
    Last edited by Circle_10; 09-24-20 at 09:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    If I remember correctly it was some flavor of Smith and Wesson Sport, the Optics Ready model. I seem to recall reading a police report that identified the rifle as a Smith & Wesson.

EDIT: this thing I think.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...i-optics-ready

I’ve heard that as low tier ARs go, the S&W Sports are one of the “better” ones. The “best of the worst” as it were....
    My work colleague has the original S&W Sports and it doesn’t even a dust cover on it. He found it cheap thorough an FFL and It works. I gave him a few Magpul G2 magazines and we have split a few cases of ammo.

Feedback Score
    Kyle did have a malfunction.

It was while he was on the ground after being assaulted and taking back his rifle from the crook trying to steal it. He pulled the charging handle and luckily that fixed it.

Feedback Score
    Yes, one should always have a reload for any gun being carried.

Feedback Score
    I bought one of those ORC's with a crimson trace red dot for $399 brand new. Mounted a 3-9x40 scope on it and use it as a loaner for deer hunting. I would say its better then a PSA.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast