Thread: Way to go Home Depot!!!! Supply Chain Issues etc...Esq. Orders a New Freezer...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Way to go Home Depot!!!! Supply Chain Issues etc...Esq. Orders a New Freezer...

So, I have always had two upright 20' freezers- we hunt, fish and raise our own meat.

About a month ago I came home and when I opened the garage door there was a growing puddle on the floor and the light was off on one of the freezers! Oh Crap....Serious scramble, frantic phone calls etc...ensued and I was able to save 90% of what the freezer held- Elk, a feral hog, two deer, half a beef etc.....

If you aren't aware, buying a freezer has been a near impossibility for the last 6 months. People got serious about storing more food at home and you generally can't walk into any of the major stores and simply "buy" a freezer. I was somewhat dismayed and since I had the situation in hand didn't do much for a bit. Last Friday I decided that I better think about it a little more and see what I could find.

Went to the Lowes website. They won't let you order a freezer online, you have to go to the store in person and they were quoting December 16th as the SOONEST the one I was wanting could be had.....

Called Home Depot. It took nearly a half hour and two transfers but I was able to buy a 21' cubic foot upright, self defrosting Garage (Heavy duty) freezer, about $1,100....No promise on delivery schedule but at least I felt I was "in the que".

Got a call today from a friend that works at Home Depot- "Hey, you guys order a freezer?, It's here".

Holy crap Marie! Anyway, very happy, a small thing but it looks like some things are not as bad as they were though when I go to the grocery store I still see lots of open shelf space and the stock isn't very deep nor as varied as it was 8 months ago....And Home Depot really got it done for me.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    So, I have always had two upright 20' freezers- we hunt, fish and raise our own meat.
    I became engrossed in the mental image of twenty foot high freezers before I realized you meant cubic feet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I became engrossed in the mental image of twenty foot high freezers before I realized you meant cubic feet.

At a previous residence I had a walk in that was 8'x12. THAT was nice....

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I was without a fridge for almost 10 weeks earlier this year. Most of it due to Home Depot's incompetence. I'll never shop there again.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I was without a fridge for almost 10 weeks earlier this year. Most of it due to Home Depot's incompetence. I'll never shop there again.
    Yea, when I spoke to my contact there she was amazed. Said between Covid, wildfires, floods etc...their supply chain is in complete shambles. Only by luck I got mine so quickly!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Went through the deep freeze yesterday & pulled some white wing, quail & back strap out to cook this weekend along with the last of the hind quarters to grind up last nite...I'm glad hunting season is here!! I am going to get the hammer down on the whitetail & pigs early this year & hit a buddy up for cow nilgai since I'm too far west. Having venison chili tonite.

I've been through those freezer crashes twice & would have been in tears if it happened now...I got two buddies been waiting months on special orders from lowes. When mine went bad I just hopped in the truck & transferred everything into the new one that took 30 mins to get back home.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My brother learned what their "free delivery" really means. Took him a month and several phone calls of them saying they would be at his house at this time and date but then no show. Several calls to the manager and he acted as if he could care less. Best to have a truck or know a truck guy and get it yourself.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    My brother learned what their "free delivery" really means. Took him a month and several phone calls of them saying they would be at his house at this time and date but then no show. Several calls to the manager and he acted as if he could care less. Best to have a truck or know a truck guy and get it yourself.
    I don't like strangers in my house. I ALWAYS pick stuff up myself.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    We have a spare fridge/freezer in the basement but I do want a full sized stand up freezer in addition. Availability right now is what is keeping me from having one.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise