Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: AR9s and 147 Grain Ammo

Feedback Score
    I ordered the KAK heavy buffer. The weights in the KAK heavy 9mm buffer are the same weights used in AR15 buffers so you can adjust the weight if you like. They also have an adjustable version that comes with tungsten, steel, and aluminum weights, an extra roll pin and bumper. I’ve already got a bunch of extra buffer parts so I’ll be ready to go when the buffer arrives.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m currently doing an 8.3” side charging 9mm Glock style build. I just ordered the last of the parts today, and I hope I didn’t come to the party too late, and screw up!
    I ordered a KVP ramped 9mm bcg, KVP 7.5 oz blowback buffer, and two Strike Ind. flat wire carbine springs.
    I’m reading all this stuff about .308 buffer springs, and Springco red springs...and it kind of has me worried.
    Do I need to order a .308 spring?

In my defense, this is my first pistol caliber build.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    I’m currently doing an 8.3” side charging 9mm Glock style build. I just ordered the last of the parts today, and I hope I didn’t come to the party too late, and screw up!
    I ordered a KVP ramped 9mm bcg, KVP 7.5 oz blowback buffer, and two Strike Ind. flat wire carbine springs.
    I’m reading all this stuff about .308 buffer springs, and Springco red springs...and it kind of has me worried.

Definitely maybe. You have to balance the combination of the recoiling mass and spring resistance. I would recommend you at least have a .308 carbine spring on hand just in case. It’s cheap insurance to save time tuning your build.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JB2000 View Post
    I’ll have to pick up a heavier buffer to try. FM makes one for their 45 that is extended pistol length and 7.8 ounces. Finding any heavy buffer in stock seems to be a challenge these days.
    JSE Surplus has quite a variety. Usually in stock. https://www.jsesurplus.com/9mmbufferskits.aspx

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB2000 View Post
    Definitely maybe. You have to balance the combination of the recoiling mass and spring resistance. I would recommend you at least have a .308 carbine spring on hand just in case. It’s cheap insurance to save time tuning your build.
    Okay, will do, thanks for the reply.
    I really should have a few spare Sprinco red springs, on hand for the 6.5cm anyway.
    The two flat wires I bought today are just more spares anyway.

Feedback Score

FWIW, I'm running a Wolff XP which is pretty much the same as a sprinco red.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My order from Aims just shipped today, so I am going through my stuff, getting everything together needed to complete my build, and realized.....I’m all out of castle nuts, and locking plates! Damn, I may just be getting far too busy in my life... I’m need to slow down lol.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’m all out of castle nuts, and locking plates!
    I like this one: https://www.primaryarms.com/wmd-guns...met-castle-nut

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I may order one, the finish looks nice.
    I usually buy these...but I do like the looks of the finish on the WMD.
    https://bravocompanyusa.com/receiver...ut-castle-nut/

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I may order one, the finish looks nice.
    I usually buy these...but I do like the looks of the finish on the WMD.
    https://bravocompanyusa.com/receiver...ut-castle-nut/
    The B Co one stakes very nicely. I’ve never tried the other one, though.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast