Thread: Help me figure out some better gear for work.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)

Help me figure out some better gear for work.

So I have started doing some security work on the side for a good friend of mine for some extra cash. Easy work at a couple different facilities like car lots, jewelry store, warehouses, etc.

It is easy work and doesn't exactly require a lot of special gear. The problem is that I seem to have only the extremes. I have my Concealed carry setup, and I have my training gear. I don't need a full tactical belt, vest with plates, and 5 extra mags for this. The only gear I have that sorta works is very "sloppy" An old Bladetech OWB using a tek-lok attachment to my belt. And then an old BFG opouch for my mags and light.

My needs are pretty simple. A good belt and OWB Holster (G45 with RMR) that won't stab me when sitting in the car for long periods of time. And then something to hold a Surefire G6 or similar and 1 or 2 extra mags.

Thanks in advance guys.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If you don't want a duty belt, Wilderness Instructor belts are comfortable and plenty sturdy for supporting guns, mags, etc.

I carry a Glock 17 in a Safariland 7TS series holster. It does not bother me spending long hours in a patrol vehicle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got my Safariland ALS for under $60 way back in the day. I like how fast it is, but it isn't a LVL 3 holster only LVL 2. That holster on a stiff Leather gun belt with a cheap double mag carrier should be able to do what you need. I bought all three of these items from various LGS, but if you need links lmk. I also make gear, if you don't mind waiting a little.

Check out my post #1175 for pics of my set up:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ptions/page118
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wore this:

https://warriorconcealment.com/shop?...mbo-belt-loops

As my duty set up at my previous agency. It’s now my off duty gig rig. He has other options if you don’t want one w/the cuff pouch.

My favourite belt is:

http://store.volundgearworks.com/ind...hook-belt.html

As for the holster, if you don’t want to run a Safariland ALS I’ve found a bunch of makers that make duty holsters that can accommodate an RMR. I’ll compile the list and post it in a few.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Thanks guys. I will look through these while bored out of my mind later tonight. Lol
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    If you are open carrying, I always suggest a holster with active retention, such as the Safariland ALS. Personally I also also have the SLS with it...but some point don't want to put in the minor effort required to 'learn' quickly defeat both. Odds are way way way higher you end up with someone fighting you vs needing that .1 of second on your presentation. I will take the added security that prevents a gun grab.

Now if you are on a tac team that is more likely to get in a shooting than fight someone....different story.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombey View Post
    I wore this:

https://warriorconcealment.com/shop?...mbo-belt-loops

As my duty set up at my previous agency. It’s now my off duty gig rig. He has other options if you don’t want one w/the cuff pouch.

My favourite belt is:

http://store.volundgearworks.com/ind...hook-belt.html

As for the holster, if you don’t want to run a Safariland ALS I’ve found a bunch of makers that make duty holsters that can accommodate an RMR. I’ll compile the list and post it in a few.
    The Volund G Hook belt is the one I wear 80% of the time. Low profile, simple and rigid enough to hold a holster and mag carrier.

If I want something nicer I did pick up a Mean Gene leather belt with the Aegis buckle. It’s really high quality leather belt so it gives a slightly more dressed up appearance. I also have his “shooters belt” which is 1.25” instead of 1.5” so it fits in dress pants. Still just as capable of carrying a gun.

Obviously there is always Ares, I have their cobra belt and it’s awesome as well.

As for holsters there are so many options right now that we won’t be able to list them all. I still love my Raven Phantoms but they don’t make them anymore. I did find that the Bravo Concealment ones are pretty good and not too expensive.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.