Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I give up on myself?

Feedback Score

How do I give up on myself?

Like the title says, how can I quit believing in myself? It only sets me up for failure and disappointment. I’m not good at anything and have failed at obtaining a single dream of mine

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I would highly recommend lifting weights. Look up the Starting Strength method of strength training. Do a linear strength progression. You will build strength and confidence. You will thnk yourself later.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Like the title says, how can I quit believing in myself? It only sets me up for failure and disappointment. I’m not good at anything and have failed at obtaining a single dream of mine
    Life is full of failure, disappointment, and loss. If anyone tells you they haven’t experienced those things is full of shit.The sun will rise tomorrow wether you want it to or not. Have your Moment right now. Get up tomorrow, get your shit together start working to improve yourself physically and mentally. Be forewarned that shit doesn’t happen overnight either, you have to work at it every day.
    Next and most importantly never left this “I am a failure“/pity party bullshit in your head again. If you **** up own it and move on. Discipline equals freedom.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Failures are just lessons in disguise.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEpC8etl...=1t32d0numxn8y

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You need to seek professional help, you definitely won't find it here at a gun forum. Seriously, see a therapist/psychologist to help you find a way out of this dilemma.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    You need to seek professional help, you definitely won't find it here at a gun forum. Seriously, see a therapist/psychologist to help you find a way out of this dilemma.
    Good advice, but best case scenario is you're going to get the same general guidance as posts 3 and 4, just in a much softer and fluffier format.

I had at least my share of setbacks, as I bet many people here did - probably most. It's life. You will find that any successful person has gone through a lot of unpleasant experiences: failures, setbacks, endless hard work, losing out to someone obviously not as good (at least in your mind, at the time), etc. etc.

But if you don't have some close friend or relative who can help you get past this, then go see a therapist. I understand your disappointment - in fact I choose not to pursue a pilot career because I knew something like that would happen one day, even though I had no medical issues at age 22 - but you just need to find a way past it.

More exercise isn't a bad idea either, for what it's worth. Even if you already do lots. And especially if you don't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Hey, right there with you.

Sorry dont have any answers yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    My men's group is currently reading this together. It might be of interest to you. https://www.amazon.com/Wild-Heart-Di.../dp/0785268839

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Step number one is to get up every morning. That in and of its self is a victory. In my book the only true failure is to not attempt something just because it might not work out. This path didn’t work out for you and that stings. Now you have a new mission, and while it probably doesn’t seem like it right now, the world is full of opportunity.

Like a lot of others, I’ve had my share of personal and professional set backs. I can call them set backs now, but at the time they almost seemed like the end of the road. Focus on your new mission and down you new road this will be a “set back” for you too.

I will add that I started seeing a Counclor about 8 years ago and it is one of the best things I’ve ever done. It has helped me better handle some of the bumps / pot holes in my road and I am definally a better man for it. Exercise and quality sleep help out immensely as well.

Keep your chin up and stay strong.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Find a fulfilling hobby.
    Spend time with friends who build you up.
    Learn something new, a skill, job related, whatever.
    Just keep pushing.

Some years back I felt the same way. I was close to giving up. I even posted about it here. And the advice I got was instrumental in working through it.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast