Thread: Buffer tube question...

Feedback Score

Buffer tube question...

Building my first AR10 and got receiver parts from the local gun shop. Was going to go with an Aero Precision stripped lower and install parts as needed as I wanted the Hiperfire ECLipse trigger group, ERGO pistol grip and Luth AR stock. Salesman said it would be cheaper to just buy a complete lower then a stripped lower and all the parts. Didn't think it through completely and ended up with a complete CARBINE lower. Here's my issue: It has the carbine buffer tube but I ordered a 20" barrel. Will the carbine buffer tube work with a 20"? Or should I get a rifle buffer tube for it?

Feedback Score
    It will work with the right buffer.

Do you want collapsible stock, or rifle stock?

There is the Valtor A5/A10 option too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    I could go either way on that, honestly. The collapsible stock would make it easier to find a good soft case for it as it is going to have a muzzle brake/comp on it making it fairly long. But I think the rifle stock version of the Luth AR stock I have would be more solid. Mine rattles a little but that's an easy fix. Here's the setup I have now without the barrel:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dranoel Dragon; 02-25-21 at 09:04.

Feedback Score
    Rifle gassed uppers and carbine buffer tube lowers are compatible. The buffer tube doesn't know or care what gas length system is pushing back the carrier.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Swapping to an A2 buffer tube, and rifle length buffer/spring is easy to do. I have all the parts needed if you’re interested. (I know, shameless plug)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Swapping to an A2 buffer tube, and rifle length buffer/spring is easy to do. I have all the parts needed if you’re interested. (I know, shameless plug)
    Are you willing to do a swap? I have a bunch of parts leftover from changing out parts for better. And if I change buffer tubes I'm gonna have more parts I don't need. If you have a complete rifle tube, spring and buffer I can swap you even. I'll also need a Luth AR buttstock for the rifle tube. Again, if if you have one to spare I'll swap you even.

Feedback Score
    Almost finished. Just waiting on the barrel from BSF.

Feedback Score
    Sorry it took so long to update this project. Wanted to get everything finished, get it to the range, tune it up and see it go.