Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swarm approach to warefare

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My SF-60s are not reliable. I have very early versions and the spring gets hung up on the spring guide. I even took them apart and found a burr of sorts on the piece, which I sanded smooth to remedy the hang ups—that was not successful. My Magpul D60s on the other hand...very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    My Surefire 60 has been called up from the sidelines. I've been running a little ammo through it to make sure it's still trouble free.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 09-26-20 at 14:17.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    My SF-60s are not reliable. I have very early versions and the spring gets hung up on the spring guide. I even took them apart and found a burr of sorts on the piece, which I sanded smooth to remedy the hang ups—that was not successful. My Magpul D60s on the other hand...very nice.
    That freaks me out. I've shot a 50 plus round load up like 5-7 times with no problems. I still have another in the wrapper.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    D60s are definitely the way to go when you need all the boolets.

Swarming is nothing new, it’s heavily employed when you have numbers but are up against a technically and tactically superior force. You all may remember Iran doing it with their boats within the last year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Bro, Ive been preparing for the zombie hordes since I saw Dawn of the Dead in the early 2000's. And you think some "swarming" is gonna faze me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Bigger bore and filled with grapeshot
    That would be ideal but .50 or .54 caliber barrels and number 10 caps are ubiquitous.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Bro, Ive been preparing for the zombie hordes since I saw Dawn of the Dead in the early 2000's. And you think some "swarming" is gonna faze me.
    You know, when I watched that overhead video posted elsewhere of the Prius getting swarmed and chased the first thing I thought was that it looked like a zombie apocalypse movie.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That freaks me out. I've shot a 50 plus round load up like 5-7 times with no problems. I still have another in the wrapper.
    I’ve got a couple also and so far trouble free, unless you drop them.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    So we've finally found a use for the Beta C-Mag, then?
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    So we've finally found a use for the Beta C-Mag, then?
    Really, this is what 240’s are for, but FF hasn’t bought me one yet.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Really, this is what 240’s are for, but FF hasn’t bought me one yet.
    Lol what makes you think I have access to 240s?

Per the SF-60, mine work. I wouldn’t exactly say they are foolproof but mine are okay. Still keep normal magazines on hand. But if you need an impromptu crowd pleaser....

Haven’t gotten a schmeisser mag yet but heard good things. FWIW. I only have two Surefires. I got them like 5 years ago? Maybe a little longer.

Don’t have a D60 but they work. Would probably invest more in those.

I don’t exactly want to turn my carbine into an impromptu SAW but like I don’t need to get swarmed either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast