Thread: Rugged obsidian 9 question.

Feedback Score

Rugged obsidian 9 question.

I know it’s only rated for 300 subs so I don’t need that response, but my question is are occasional 300 supers going to destroy the can. I shoot 95% subs but I always carry a mag of supers with me just in case I need something a little further and and if I need to take that shot, should I just remove the can or just drive on. I am contemplating a dedicated 30 cal can but I love how light this thing is in k form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    I know it’s only rated for 300 subs so I don’t need that response, but my question is are occasional 300 supers going to destroy the can. I shoot 95% subs but I always carry a mag of supers with me just in case I need something a little further and and if I need to take that shot, should I just remove the can or just drive on. I am contemplating a dedicated 30 cal can but I love how light this thing is in k form.

The manufacturer doesn't recommend it for a reason. The Obsidian is not a welded can so it's probably not strong enough to do what you're asking it to do. In the end, it's your can/tax stamp money but is it really worth the possibility of blowing up the can and having to go through the process over again?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    The manufacturer doesn't recommend it for a reason. The Obsidian is not a welded can so it's probably not strong enough to do what you're asking it to do. In the end, it's your can/tax stamp money but is it really worth the possibility of blowing up the can and having to go through the process over again?
    Again not saying I am or have, just asking. No I don’t want to go through the process and appreciate the response.

Feedback Score
    No idea, but even if it can, but is close to the edge, no one will put their neck on the line to say its ok. Just my guess.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    No idea, but even if it can, but is close to the edge, no one will put their neck on the line to say its ok. Just my guess.
    I figured as much. No worries. Just wondering and as I rarely ever even shoot supers, as this rifle was built specifically for subs, I just won’t do it. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Its rated for 350 legend, which I ASSUME is higher pressure than 300blk supers, so that would make me more comfortable.
    Maybe call rugged and ask them “off the record” what they’ve tried?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I agree w MegadeniC.

Contact Rugged. I had a customer service need, called them, and it was handled timely and professionally. It was a positive enough experience that my next can will be Rugged.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    I agree w MegadeniC.

Contact Rugged. I had a customer service need, called them, and it was handled timely and professionally. It was a positive enough experience that my next can will be Rugged.
    So I took the advice and I contacted rugged. And his answer was with the 350 legend from a 16 inch barrel is that it has a longer barrel and a 300 blackout supersonic mostly is coming from a shorter barrel hence having higher pressures