Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linear Compensator for an "Everything Else" Carbine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Concussion & fireball from a bare muzzle goes everywhere! From a 16 inch barrel 5.56 at an indoor range, the muzzle blast from a bare muzzle is louder and more concussive to those standing at or behind the firing line than the same barrel with an A2.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 09-28-20 at 11:24.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    The A2 is probably my favorite flash hider and I don't use muzzle brakes. I replaced all of my A2s with the BRT Covert Comp because it's about the same size but it reduces muzzle flash almost the same as the A2 in my experience, and the noise is not as bad, especially off to the sides of the guns. It has more of a push feeling to the recoil compared to the A2, but the recoil of 5.56 is laughable compared to my namesake.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I'd like to see a side by side comparison to a bare muzzle. The few I've been around sound like over priced thread protectors to me.
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ar...ider-shootout/
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/55...vice-shootout/

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForteeFiveSeventee View Post
    The A2 is probably my favorite flash hider and I don't use muzzle brakes. I replaced all of my A2s with the BRT Covert Comp because it's about the same size but it reduces muzzle flash almost the same as the A2 in my experience, and the noise is not as bad, especially off to the sides of the guns. It has more of a push feeling to the recoil compared to the A2, but the recoil of 5.56 is laughable compared to my namesake.
    That is what I am considering doing. Maybe I just need to shut up and order another Covert Comp, put it on a 16" gun and hit the range.

I am convinced that the Covert Comp I am running on my 11.3" pistol is absolutely worth it, by the way.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-30-20 at 08:27.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Our Covert Comp does a very nice job with flash and beats out all other linear comps in that regard.

Using the LUX numbers from the TTAG roundup, a bare muzzle is 10k LUX and an A2 FH is 1/2 LUX, so that brackets the useful range of values.

The Covert Comp is 2 LUX and in the ballpark of other good combo devices such as MAMS, FSC556 and BATTLECOMP.

The Claymore is 158 LUX, which is much worse.

The Covert Comp's biggest feature is the blast reduction, but flash performance is literally night and day compared to a bare muzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Linear Comps have not been overly effective from what I have seen in first hand use.
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I'd like to see a side by side comparison to a bare muzzle. The few I've been around sound like over priced thread protectors to me.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score

Linear Compensator for an "Everything Else" Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Our Covert Comp does a very nice job with flash and beats out all other linear comps in that regard.

Using the LUX numbers from the TTAG roundup, a bare muzzle is 10k LUX and an A2 FH is 1/2 LUX, so that brackets the useful range of values.

The Covert Comp is 2 LUX and in the ballpark of other good combo devices such as MAMS, FSC556 and BATTLECOMP.

The Claymore is 158 LUX, which is much worse.

The Covert Comp's biggest feature is the blast reduction, but flash performance is literally night and day compared to a bare muzzle.

I just tested a covert comp on my Bren 2s 7.62x39 pistol and I like it. Any chance of getting these in 14x1 LH in the near future for AK pistols, so no adapter is needed? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I dont know how the BRT works but in general things like the Noveske flaming pig had problems over the lifespan of the rifle with the pig clogging up with carbon.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A carbon solvent doesn't fix it?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I dont know how the BRT works but in general things like the Noveske flaming pig had problems over the lifespan of the rifle with the pig clogging up with carbon.
    The picture Ned posted had like a bazillion rounds on it, no?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I have at least a bazillion rounds through one of my ARs which has had a BRT Covert Comp on it since new. Gas blows carbon out. It's hardly anything like the crap that builds up from running an AR suppressed. I seriously doubt it will cause any issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12