Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Ear Pro and Why.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up What Ear Pro and Why.

Yeah, I wish I could have stayed.

Looks lke I wasnt photogenic enough to make it in any pictures.

A few additionl notes:

LAV said he wanted to make Electronic Ear-pro mandatory for upcoming classes.
    He said you miss to much with standard ear pro. Sell a kidney, sell a son if you have too, just show up with electronic ear-pro.

ATS staff were friendly and accomadating, realy enhanced the environment.

The facilities were nice, the food was good, the team environment is great, and the price is unbeatable. If you train at Ares, there is no reason to stay anywhere else.

Can't wait to train at Ares again, and am saving pennies for the next time LAV comes this way. I can't reccomend his training enough.
    Last edited by Farva; 11-29-08 at 11:15. Reason: spelng

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hey Farva, what's that place you like to eat at - with the mozzarella sticks and all the goofy shit on the walls?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    LAV said he wanted to make Electronic Ear-pro mandatory for upcoming classes.
    Yes, that is true.

Electronic ear-pro is now a requirement for all 2009 Vickers Tactical classes.

It's a safety issue for everyone in the class.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    Yes, that is true.

Electronic ear-pro is now a requirement for all 2009 Vickers Tactical classes.

It's a safety issue for everyone in the class.
    I've heard a few instructors make mention of a potential change in their required equipment to include this.

I do get tired of the "huh, what'd he say" from the end of the line.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I've heard a few instructors make mention of a potential change in their required equipment to include this.

I do get tired of the "huh, what'd he say" from the end of the line.
    Maybe I'm strange, but I've never had a problem hearing an instructor even with standard muffs on. I never really needed electronic ear pro to hear anyone talk.

I can understand why instructors would want to make it a requirement, though....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Maybe I'm strange, but I've never had a problem hearing an instructor even with standard muffs on. I never really needed electronic ear pro to hear anyone talk.

I can understand why instructors would want to make it a requirement, though....
    I haven't either, but it doesn't stop these people from wearing plugs, insisting on standing on one end or the other, and then complaining the whole time that they can't hear.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As much as it is to learn, these classes are even moreso to unlearn.

Hopefully, the 'that guy' just needs to take what he was taught and use it to unlearn some of the things that are dogging him.

In many respects, It would benefit Larry and us if we showed up the very first time largely a 'tabula rasa'. Unfortunately, we seldom are. Sometimes this is a good thing but more often it is not.

An example:

How many of us learned bad habits playing with cap pistols growing up?

A cap pistol is nothing more than 'El Snatcho Jr.' for kids.

Correct muscle memory takes time and effort.

I once heard it takes ten times the effort to expunge a bad habit than it does to learn something correctly the first time. I believe it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post

You maybe the exception. Their are a few instances were folks can't hear the "beep" or verbal commands, to perform some of the move and shoot drills because of not wearing electronic earpro. I know quite a few folks who wear ear plugs with the conventional head sets and can't hear nada. I think it's a valid request as far as safety is concerned.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 11-28-08 at 00:50.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    Hey Farva, what's that place you like to eat at - with the mozzarella sticks and all the goofy shit on the walls?
    uhhh...SHENANIGANS!

Feedback Score
    Doc b had a lot of problems hearing with his earplugs. It is a safety issue.

I had a pair of wally world earmuffs, and I didn't have any problems hearing instructions, but with electronic ear pro starting under $50, there's no reason not to own a pair.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast