Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Eotech models w/2 dots really worth the money ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Are Eotech models w/2 dots really worth the money ?

Watching the EOTECH products slowly trickle back into circulation and wondering if
    the optics featuring 2 dots like the model EXPS2-0 are really worth the extra expense ?
    I do intend to purchase a magnifier and would like some feedback from someone who
    has actually used this combination, " did you like it, did it preform as advertised " ?
    Would you prefer the single dot instead, and why?

Feedback Score
    2 dots models are the ones ending with -2 not -0.

The second dot is useful for holdovers especially with a magnifier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have shot a -2 model, and I own a -0. I don’t personally see the point at the ranges I shoot. The 2 dot models are set up for a 50/200 zero on the top dot and a 500 point of aim—how often are your shooting at 500 yards? I tend to think if you do need to shoot that far you’re better with a scope with a reticle that’s offers wind and holdovers. My issue with the two dots is you are still guessing at your 300 and 400 point of aim, and in most conditions at 500 you will still need to hold for winds so precise aim point the dot offers doesn’t really solve any problems.

When I did shoot the -2 my buddy has the bottom dot did appear to be correct for 500 yards with green tip—or as correct as my average shooting would allow.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yeah the EXPS 3-2 or 2-2 are models with a second dot. My primary EOTech is a 3-2 and I like it. Works well for CQB holdovers too, maim reason I bought it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think I will just go with the single dot.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Did anyone using the 2 dot models find them too busy? Does it detract from speed of acquiring the 50/200 dot for you?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I tend to forget that the second dot is there until I need it. It does work. Eotechs pair pretty well with a magnifier. My 2 dot is on a PCC right now; I should probably get on Strelok.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yeah the EXPS 3-2 or 2-2 are models with a second dot. My primary EOTech is a 3-2 and I like it. Works well for CQB holdovers too, maim reason I bought it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To elaborate in this, the second dot is usually at its best at ~10-25m. It works well for most of the middle of a 25yd CQB/indoor square range on a 25yd zero (3-4yd to 20yd headshots), and 3yd-26yd (5-27yd with a riser) headshots with a 50m zero. On a 25m zero, the primary dot becomes better than the second past 15yds, and with a 50m zero, that point is around 25m.

The ranges it works for is unsurprisingly narrower on the PCC with 25yd zero than the 5.56 with 200yd zero. A riser slightly narrows and extends the ranges where the second dot is appropriate for CQM headshots, by about a meter, inconsequential in the real world. As you can see above, zeroing closer shortens the range where it is appropriate for aforementioned headshots. I’m using a hypothetical 4” circle for this standard, btw.

If you use a two-dot EoTech on a PCC in IDPA/USPSA pistol matches, the second dot should be used for all but the closest and furthest targets. Expand the target diameter to 8”, and it can be used from 0-30yds on a 25m zero, much further for a 50yd zero.

That bottom hash on the the circle is of course your 5m POA.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I really appreciate it, 1168. Being sufficiently covered with Aimpoint on my primary, I've been wanting to try an EOTech and that's the model that's on the shelf near me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Generally, zero with the top dot at 200. For 300, put it on his face. For 400, generally if you put it on top his head you should connect.

For 500, lower dot on the chest.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Generally, zero with the top dot at 200. For 300, put it on his face. For 400, generally if you put it on top his head you should connect.

For 500, lower dot on the chest.
    Thank you. I'm looking forward to running a few thousand rounds with the Eotech and seeing how it compares with an Aimpoint PRO. Probably not much different, but I'll find out either way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast