Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Eotech models w/2 dots really worth the money ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I recently got into a 3-2 with magnifier, after running an Aimpoint PRO for years. I like the two dot reticle, though as mentioned above, I am not shooting to 500 yds often. 1168 dropped some good knowledge above as well.

Where the Eotech really shines for me, is the "donut" around the dots for up close, fast target acquisition. Where it lacks, compared to the Aimpoint, is the battery life. I like that I can leave the PRO on all the time.

I feel like it is a solid "do-all well, but nothing the best" set up. I'm running the 3-2 on a 14.5 SOCOM barrel 6920, which has proven to be stupid accurate w/ 62gr HPBT. The PRO lives on my 11.5, which is definitely not a tack driver, but is sufficient for what it needs to do.

FWIW, I have not shot it w/ the magnifier, it had to go back to Eotech to replace a missing spring in the lock lever. Also, I am a strictly one way range shooter....just steel, paper, and silhouette drills for me.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    I recently got into a 3-2 with magnifier, after running an Aimpoint PRO for years. I like the two dot reticle, though as mentioned above, I am not shooting to 500 yds often. 1168 dropped some good knowledge above as well.

Where the Eotech really shines for me, is the "donut" around the dots for up close, fast target acquisition. Where it lacks, compared to the Aimpoint, is the battery life. I like that I can leave the PRO on all the time.
    Thanks. That donut really shines for transitioning to a second (or third) target when using fullsize paper or 2/3 steel silhouettes up close. Or whenever you drive the rifle to a target laterally, like many interior scenarios. Especially if you are the type to drive the rifle looking through the reticle. The Aimpoint kinda forces you to bring your eyes to the target then dot to your eyes.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12