Thread: Gunbroker is it real $400 for 7 used mags

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Gunbroker is it real $400 for 7 used mags

I have 6 U G 19 mags and one G17 U mags on auction. WTF why would you bid $400 for used mags. I was hoping to get maybe $150 max. Are these bidders fake?
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879726456
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    Cause people want them. I sold 1 G19 preban mag a year ago on the other site for $75. Just threw it out there and it sold in under a day. Now you have everyone buying guns for the first time. Probably someone in a preban state that got their first G19 and wants mags.

Edit. Just saw you were in NY. That post was a joke right?
    Last edited by Edm; 09-27-20 at 15:44.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I gave my son some orange pre-ban G17 mags. Are they really of some use to people in ban states? You think someone would swap new mags for them? I told him they are good range/practice mags.

Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I was selling excellent/LN FAL mags all summer long. Mostly I got the prices I expected, but one guy bid them way up to like $50 a piece. And guess what, he didn't pay, didn't respond to emails, was simply a worthless ghost.

Not advising on NY law but was under the impression a person in NY can't acquire mags over 10rds (or 7? whatever) even if they are ancient, only that existing owners could keep whatever they might have had from before idiocy took over.

Oh yeah, selling mags on GB is a blast, even with 8 different warnings of "no sale to ban states" you still get people trying to buy from ban states. They are extra, extra-super-duper special.

Feedback Score
    In MA, a capacity ban state, it’s not uncommon for U notch glock makes to sell for $150+ each. I’ve seen the 33rnd Sticks go for $499. And yes people pay it.

My first full day living in a free state I bought a pile of mags, and the guys at the shop I went to didn’t understand my giddiness.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I gave my son some orange pre-ban G17 mags. Are they really of some use to people in ban states? You think someone would swap new mags for them? I told him they are good range/practice mags.

Andy
    I've wondered why there isn't more of a direct or indirect market for this.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not all ban states allow pre-ban mags. NJ and NY don't, for instance.

When NJ went from 15rounds to 10 they didn't grandfather the already ban compliant mags. I have a bin full of my parents' 15 round mags in my closet.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I was selling pre-ban Glock mags for $125ea. in '99, before Y2K. I'd bought several Glock 22 mags for a pistol I never purchased, and made a little profit when the time was right. Given inflation, and the greater threat level today, I could see $150 to a "motivated" buyer.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would say that is a fair price for U mags based on the 2013 panic + inflation. I have been making some decent cigar money of Gunbroker over the last month, doubling my money on many things. I started paying the extra $3.00 for featured item listings and adding a Buy It Now Price about 10% higher than my highest bid auctions. It has been a very successful strategy. There are some people that just don't give a shit about price or have time for bidding or even searching the site and don't bat an eyelash to pay premium as long as they can get the item quickly. What is big money to me is the equivalent of a Mcdonald's combo meal to them.