Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romeo 4T vs Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    My 4T has been great. The only complaints on my end are cheap screws in the mount, and the see through flip caps are somewhat chinsy feeling. The "wake" feature I cannot notice because it's on with the slightest movement (even vibrations from loud music turns it on. I was bored one day...)

With that said I changed the mount to a Larue, and the flip caps are still fine to this day.

I've had it for almost 2 years now, 1 of them the rifle lived inside of my pickup truck throughout all 4 seasons in Pennsylvania. I changed the battery recently, but the original was still working.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MikhailBarracuda91; 09-29-20 at 15:39.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have limited experience with the 4t compared to the aimpoint (4t on a buddies rifle, vs aimpoint on an issued rifle for a considerable time). I can't speak to the durability of the 4t personally though it seems to get pretty high marks, and from a construction standpoint looks to be a quality product. Obviously, aimpoint speaks for themselves, I've seen then withstand significant abuse.

Aimpoint is definitely heavier and bulkier. 4t claims much better battery life, but I'd be inclined to think that number is inflated due to solar and their motion activation (which sounds like it's pretty much always on).

Where I'd easily give the 4t the edge is in clarity for an astigmatism. I don't have a particularly bad astigmatism, but certainly noticeable. Aimpoint and my eyes don't get along. The 4t (sample of one) I've used was much more crisp, even under a magnifier.

I've been mulling one over but I'm not 100% sold since they don't have a track record of duty use yet.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Did it turn on with a button press?
    Yeah. Both times it was in the rain. I tried pressing the plus button, thinking I had dimmed it. Nothing. So I chucked it in the case and shot with irons. Then later, I was able to turn it on, as if it had been turned off. Hasn’t done it since, and its on a training beater. The goto gun got a T2.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Romeo 6 or 7 series would be a better comparison to the PRO or ACO.

The 4 is a micro footprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This makes me wonder about mine. I've never left it in the rain. Good information

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    The Romeo 6 or 7 series would be a better comparison to the PRO or ACO.

The 4 is a micro footprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I suppose I'm really comparing my fondness for the circle-dot reticle and lighter weight vs the ruggedness of the Aimpoint.

I dont currently have any Sig products but the 4T does have a lifetime warranty if I understand correctly.

I dont have plans for back-up sights on this rifle so its important to buy a quality optic.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a couple of 4T's. I also have several MRO's, but no Aimpoints. Compared to the MRO's, the 4T reticle is definitely sharper and extremely bright and clear. I also like that you can select the type of reticle that you wish to use. Build quality seems excellent, and comparable to the MRO. Time will ultimately determine if this is true or not. But the 4T really does appear to be built like a tank. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Feedback Score
    I ran my 4A for a few years on a duty rifle until the dept decided to no longer approve it. Never failed to wake and battery life was equal to my Aimpoint H2 that I have on there now. Never lost zero. Rode in the weapon mount of the car each work week for 40-50 hours. I did replace the mount it came with though. I didn't trust the mount, seemed flimsy. I put it on an SLR Rifle Works mount. It now sits on my wife's H.D. rifle.
    Last edited by TomPenguin5145; 10-01-20 at 15:09.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Concerning mounts and the Romeo 4T. I use Geissele mounts for all of my MRO's. Everyone knows the quality of those mounts. The 4T's that I bought came with mounts that appear to be carbon copies of the Geissele mount. I have no idea if Sig licensed the mount from Geissele but boy it sure does look like one.

Feedback Score
    Ordered a Romeo 4T...was tough to find.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast