Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PDW??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Which one(s)?
    Eventually the B&T USW, a 9mm. It is an acquired taste but met my size, safety and other priorities. It is a pricey blend of compromises but also not finicky. That is the present culmination of 15 years of searching of experimenting. I am satisfied for now, except for the present POI shift with a suppressor.

Pistol Forum and Warrior Talk have literally hundreds of pages of PDW discussions. I probably read them all multiple times. To paraphrase, “everyone wants to talk PDW until it comes time to do PDW...” Small guns are problematic for multiple reasons, some human factors, some mechanical.

My opinion and experience is a RDS on a compact or service pistol gets you to 65-75% of a PDW capability. The next big increment is stocks/braces. Lots of options these days for enhancing Glock and P320s as well as some potentially strong platforms like the Rattler.

FWIW, I tried a short barreled 7.62x39 too. Could be brutal with the flash/concussion, had some velocity concerns and just wasn’t optimized for a PDW environment. Still a very viable round, I think moreso than 5.56. Best of luck in the search.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    How do you define PDW?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Which one(s)?
    Some of the more popular

B&T- Pricey but most refined

CZ Scorpion

Stribog- the A1 version seems good to go. Stickman has a thread in his subforum on it as well. I have seen some videos and posts about the new a3 delayed blowback version having some issues.

PSA AKV 9

9mm AR

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My PD is part of a rather large multi jurisdictional SWAT team. They selected the Springfield Armory Saint as their primary AR platform. These have 7.5 inch barrels with a blast can (?) On the barrel. They're absolutely obnoxious. This is a photo I took on an indoor range with one of them. Ammo was Winchester Q3131 55 grain. I would much prefer something with three or four more inches of barrel and a BRT Covert Comp on the end.

Last edited by signal4l; 09-30-20 at 10:15. Reason: Pic

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I agree about usually avoiding sub 10” barrels in 5.56. I run a DD M4PDW (300blk) specifically for that purpose. I also run subs and a Surefire Socom 762 mini2 on it. I don’t have experience with the Springfield PDW but have had great experience with their Saint line. Let us know what you choose and how it works out.
    Owner of Carolina Laser Works
    https://carolinalaserworks.ecwid.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    The next big increment is stocks/braces. Lots of options these days for enhancing Glock and P320s as well as some potentially strong platforms like the Rattler.
    You mean something like the CAA Micro Roni? Are any of those actually good?

Feedback Score
    I know this isnt what you wanna hear but I have an 11 1/2 inch 556 and when it’s not suppressed it is unbelievably loud. I cannot imagine the concussion from anything shorter. To be honest this is really where a 300 Shines. 220 subs and a suppressed 9”inch 300 is ridiculously quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Is this planned to be full time suppressed? What is the desired role—as in WHY do you need such a short 5.56?

I think many others have already addressed the lack of performance in 5.56 sub 10.3” as well as the insane concussion.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    This is why 300 blackout was invented. If you want a sub 10" gun go with 300 blackout.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The confined space where a PDW makes sense is the same confined space I don't want to be firing 5.56 from a short barrel in.

I rather regret not getting on board the Scorpion train before the panic hit.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-30-20 at 15:32.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast