Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential Debate

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    Set it up where their mikes are alternately either on, or off, for equal, predetermined lengths of time. Talk all you want during your opponents time, nobody will hear a word of it
    The other candidate will hear it, and that is all that matters. Trump interruptions threw Biden off his train of thought nearly every time. Whether I heard it on TV or not would not change this.

The mistake was allowing 2 minutes to respond and thinking neither candidate would interrupt the other. Should have been 30 seconds max.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    The other candidate will hear it, and that is all that matters. Trump interruptions threw Biden off his train of thought nearly every time. Whether I heard it on TV or not would not change this.

The mistake was allowing 2 minutes to respond and thinking neither candidate would interrupt the other. Should have been 30 seconds max.
    Thats about all the attention span a lot of viewers have. There's no way anyone can make a point or have a debate like that. Something will happen. Either way 2020 is very rich in meme content, people will sing songs of this year for decades to come.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    Either way 2020 is very rich in meme content, people will sing songs of this year for decades to come.

Yeah, but we'll be singing the songs while we roast rats on a stick over a burning trash barrel in the Gulag or drink booze from the top of a skull - I'm 50-50 on which.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Even if you were directing it at me, no offense taken. It's not haughtiness on my part - we are not all gifted with the same ability to manage anger and distance ourselves. I don't need to lose a nights sleep dwelling on the garbage some senile sellout is spouting unless he is explaining how he processed his coked out son sleeping with his other son's widow.

Andy
    My comment was general and not directed at anyone. Please realize that during my two primary careers, I have run with a more edgy crowd. People who say very little but when they make a statement, it's either with a harsh word or some form of violence. Whether it's Army Rangers, Delta or a crew of ranch hands hitting town after a month in the saddle riding herd. People like President Trump are a good fit for my personality. He's someone itching to get into a fight when he knows he's in the right. Last night there was nothing he said that wasn't true, and every bit of of it was in the best interest of the American people. I'd love to meet the Man.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Trump is the only man to get a refund from a whore so..... Respect.

That said, they should blast this at the next debate

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Which might work if the moderators were unbiased. But they aren’t, so it would end up being Punch Drunk Joe getting all the air time.
    No, the moderator asks the questions, the first allowed to respond has 2 minutes to speak, his mike is on, the other guys mike is off, then at the end of the 2 minutes, the second guy gets his 2 minutes of hot mike while the first guys mike is off. Repeat for however many cycles you wish, but the moderator is not allowed to give either debater more, or less time.

And I can't believe that Joementia again said 200,000,000 COVID-19 deaths, and Trump didn't call him out on it.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I think it's "up in the air" that we even hold the Senate. There are some tight Senate races where the GOP incumbent could lose. If we lose the Senate, it's going to be a shit storm of Biblical proportions. You can't count on anything anymore.
    The Senate races in 2020 are more important than the presidential race.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yep. It's ALL about the Senate. If ACB gets confirmed and the Senate stays red, who cares if the loudmouth gets reelected or not? On the other hand, if the House stays blue (it will), the Senate turns blue (it might), and Biden wins (he might)...that's an entirely different ballgame.

Feedback Score
    I’m going to disagree with all the pessimism.

I watched the whole debate last night. I laughed my ass off, that was exactly what I expected. Trump acting like a rabid Wookie fighting with the moderator, and attacking Joe Biden holding nothing back. Getting personal, just like a Democrat would. I would hammer Biden on ANTIFA and his coke head grifter son every time I was in the same room.

I hope to see two more Trump attack sessions, but Lord Cheeto the Vulgar needs to study his and Sleepy Joe’s performance and work on his timing. Attacking is good, getting personal and nasty is good because Biden deserves it. Trump just needs to let his jabs land and sink in, stop talking, make Biden respond, make Biden embarrass himself either with silence or tripping over his own words.

Trump also needs to call out the moderators even more for taking sides. He’s at his best fighting with the scum that are our press. Do it more, go after them when they allow Biden to dodge or when they help prompt Biden.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I’m going to disagree with all the pessimism.

I watched the whole debate last night. I laughed my ass off, that was exactly what I expected. Trump acting like a rabid Wookie fighting with the moderator, and attacking Joe Biden holding nothing back. Getting personal, just like a Democrat would. I would hammer Biden on ANTIFA and his coke head grifter son every time I was in the same room.

I hope to see two more Trump attack sessions, but Lord Cheeto the Vulgar needs to study his and Sleepy Joe’s performance and work on his timing. Attacking is good, getting personal and nasty is good because Biden deserves it. Trump just needs to let his jabs land and sink in, stop talking, make Biden respond, make Biden embarrass himself either with silence or tripping over his own words.

Trump also needs to call out the moderators even more for taking sides. He’s at his best fighting with the scum that are our press. Do it more, go after them when they allow Biden to dodge or when they help prompt Biden.
    I'm with you, the com/dems will come back twice as nasty and slanderous next time though. I think we're in for a show lol

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast