Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Presidential Debate

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Yes, in fairness to Biden (oh how I hate to defend him...) he is a stutterer and has had to overcome that his entire life.

I know a guy with Tourette Syndrome, coworker of mine, he normally has it completely under control but when he is tired and we’re working short on rest he develops ticks. Joe does OK when he’s awake or has energy but when he gets tired he can’t control his stuttering as well, takes concentration that’s tough when you’re almost 80 years old and it’s past bedtime.

He’s not cognitively there anymore, and he was never sharp to begin with. Hell he forgot who Mitt Romney was, although again (hate to defend him) Romney is one of the most forgettable humans to ever walk the Earth.
    I thought there no references to him ever having a stutter prior to 2019.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    She did bring up the accusations.
    Ahh yes, she did ask if he considered his sons business dealings to be unethical. I forgot about that. I'm not sure how much more watered down that question could have been though. I'd have preferred something more like "Mr. Biden, have you yourself ever received foreign money through your sons business dealings with foreign corporations or foreign government entities?" Or something similar.

The Democrats always seem to get questions they can easily slip out of.

The only blow I think Trump took tonight was in regards to his taxes, but if I'm being honest I couldn't care less as it's not required for him to give that information. I'm sure it will sit uneasy with others though.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yes, in fairness to Biden (oh how I hate to defend him...) he is a stutterer and has had to overcome that his entire life.

I know a guy with Tourette Syndrome, coworker of mine, he normally has it completely under control but when he is tired and we’re working short on rest he develops ticks. Joe does OK when he’s awake or has energy but when he gets tired he can’t control his stuttering as well, takes concentration that’s tough when you’re almost 80 years old and it’s past bedtime.

He’s not cognitively there anymore, and he was never sharp to begin with. Hell he forgot who Mitt Romney was, although again (hate to defend him) Romney is one of the most forgettable humans to ever walk the Earth.
    He was a pretty fast talker in the 70s and 80s, if he has a stutter, it is recent. He actually doesn’t stutter, he has trouble getting words out due to cognitive decline. A couple of times Trump could have finished his sentences for him.

I thought the moderator was hot, definitely hotter than any Mods on M4C...

Too bad Trump didn’t do this the first time.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    He was a pretty fast talker in the 70s and 80s, if he has a stutter, it is recent. He actually doesn’t stutter, he has trouble getting words out due to cognitive decline.
    He has repeatedly mentioned he had a stuttering issue growing up and how his mommy told him he was the smartest kid out there, it's usually followed by a cornpop flashback.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    He has repeatedly mentioned he had a stuttering issue growing up and how his mommy told him he was the smartest kid out there, it's usually followed by a cornpop flashback.
    "Hey man, Cornpop was a bad dude!!" 😂

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    She did try to cut him off, but I don't think it was necessarily to shut him up. The time was the "reason" for it and Trump still was able to make his points.

Overall, Biden lost the oil and gas industry tonight, the industries that support them and really didn't field the 94 crime bill questions very well.

Trump straight murdered him the last half hour or so of the debate.
    But did he ever have the oil and gas industry. Trump did better this time than before and did not appear like a quite as much of a bully. But I think its too little too late.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Towards the end, it seemed Joe's "Go Juice" was wearing off. Notice when Joe gets rattled, he closes his eyes and starts to stutter, like he's lost for words or has lost his train of thought?
    That’s when he’s getting fed directions from his earpiece by his handlers. You can tell because he closes his eyes then comes back with some kind of witty sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    The only blow I think Trump took tonight was in regards to his taxes, but if I'm being honest I couldn't care less as it's not required for him to give that information. I'm sure it will sit uneasy with others though.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    I think the only he he really didn't answer well was the children at the border separated from their parents one.

The tax one is what it is. Biden made a Yuge deal of that just as Democrats have for the past four plus years. Nobody cares any more. but Trump mentioning Mueller and company looking over the files and not finding anything was a good response.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'm not buying the stutter story. I'm no doctor and maybe I'm wrong but to me stuttering is when the person can't get the one word out. Not when they start jumping around different words and meanings or even nonsense all together. And wouldn't this have shown up before?

I didn't watch. Was planning to but the pre debate show coverage thing pissed me off. It was obvious someone from the Biden team asked for certain things to be said. This way it's already in the viewers heads before the debate even starts. I think I need to go buy a "scary black rifle" to comfort me. It's my safe space!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 10-23-20 at 06:51.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast