Thread: Peltor Comtac

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Peltor Comtac

READ ME: It appears the headset from Strobels is a hearing defender model and does not include a radio downlead.

I got so irritated watching well used/trashed Comtac III's sell for multiple hundreds of dollars on Ebay, so I started looking around for something new. I wanted a single comm set.
    I found the cheapest I could find (new) is from https://www.strobelssupply.com/catal.../?q=7100202848. With the 5% coupon code, strobels5, they are $487 delivered for the VI single com.
    I called and asked about any delay. I was told they drop ship after being made to order and to expect a 1 month wait. Sure, no problem. Well, they came in today. Only a 2 week wait.
    To my surprise, and you all may know this, the box included a set of gel cups with the foam set, and the adapter set for helmet rails.

Ok, now my question. I shoot lefty and swapped the mic to the right side. The lead seems a bit short since it now goes to the rear of the muff. Did I do something stupid? Do I need a different mic?

Also, are most push to talk wired the same? I have one, but I don't want to fry anything. I've reached out to the manufacturer as well. This is the PTT I have for my Baofeng https://www.coderedheadsets.com/NX-S...single-ptt.htm

ETA: 3M finally gave me an answer about lefty use. Apparently my model is not compatible. I asked to exchange for a model I could use and they said no.
    If anybody knows if there is a longer mic lead out there, let me know.

ETAA: So I called 3M today and got a total runaround. I’m not sure what their deal is. I gave SRS Tactical a call and the guy there offered to build me an extension cable ($40). So 7 minutes on the phone and done. I think 3M should have helped me out, and the price of the headset is very high to be adding more cost to, but at least I have a solution.

UPDATE: received my extension cable today. Works great.
    Last edited by czgunner; 10-30-20 at 16:43.