Thread: Peltor Comtac

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Peltor Comtac

Doubled
    Last edited by czgunner; 10-21-20 at 22:26. Reason: Oops

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim.Patriot View Post
    I run Motorola digital (encryptied) radios and both Peltor ComTac III and old MSA Sordins headsets. Recently upgraded to a couple of ComTac VI NIB headsets. The VI’s look very promising, but to early to pass judgement. The NiB feature, with headset to headset close quarter comms could be very useful in specialized situation, especially high ambient noise environments.
    Do you get a lot of static when the filter is on?

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Doesn’t look like it’s set up with a downlead.
    Hmmm, I guess I didn't do my research but the manual cover shows a down lead.

How do I run a radio with the IV's?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrotz View Post
    Hmmm, I guess I didn't do my research but the manual cover shows a down lead.

How do I run a radio with the IV's?

The 3M Peltor ComTac VI’s come in different configurations: 1). All have NIB feature that offers short range (10M) headset to headset comms. 2). They come in colors green, black or coyote. 3) The come with over the head or behind the head headband, or clips to attach to helmet rails. 4). They come no comms (no downlead to attach to separate radio), a single (one) comms NATO downlead for use with one radio, or duel comms setup with two NATO downleads.

It appears from the pictures you have an over the head, no comms unit in coyote brown. The mic is for the NIB short range communication, which depending on how the user configures, is activated by the little PPT button on the back of the headset, or via voice activation.

The manual pictured shows the over the head unit with a single male NATO plug. Sorry, I served way back in the early 1970’s before comms for individual soldiers, so I can’t speak to how this NATO downlead interfaces with military comms today. For my units, which are Motorola digital radios, i purchase an unreasonably expensive adapter that receives the NATO plug, has a self contained PPT switch, and downlead which plugs to my particular radios. Different radios take different adapters. 3M Peltor makes a bunch of them. There’s probably a bunch of third party units also, but I can’t speak to that.

I have no idea how, or if, the no comms units can be “upgraded” to interface with radios.
    Last edited by Grim.Patriot; 10-22-20 at 08:28.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

Feedback Score
    What headset did you order and the price? I bought the one in the OP along with the Nexus PTT. My unit runs DMR radios with Kenwood jacks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrotz View Post
    What headset did you order and the price? I bought the one in the OP along with the Nexus PTT. My unit runs DMR radios with Kenwood jacks.

That’s strange. The unit I received has a downlead for single comms.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, these are 6's.

Feedback Score
    The product description does say MI Input. Am I correct, this is for a downlead?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    That’s strange. The unit I received has a downlead for single comms.
    Hi again,

Can you confirm the SKU and model#?

My model # is attached. SKU 7100202863

When I enter that SKU, I get the ones with the downlead with the price of 841.81

Last edited by Rrotz; 10-22-20 at 11:36.

Feedback Score
    3M™ PELTOR™ ComTac™ VI NIB headset, neckband, single lead, standard dynamic mic, MI input, NATO wiring, Coyote, MT20H682BB-47N CY
    3M PELTOR Push-To-Talk (PTT) Adapter FL5014-02

Ordered from Magnum Electronics. Normally these are build to order, 6-8 weeks out. I got lucky and either Magnum or Peltor has some in stock and they shipped to me within a week. $810 for ComTac's and $204 for Adapter. Now I own 4 radios, two ComTac VI & two ComTac III, with adapters for each.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast