Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Preferred out of the box 1911

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My Staccato C2 out of the case with a light clean and lube had no problems with 120 rounds... I didn't have to clean it, but they run a mag out of the gun before it gets shipped.

I also have seen a Dan Wesson shoot 1 to 2 inch groups right out of the box..

Feedback Score
    I have this and a P DUO with about 1200 rounds between the two with no issues yet. This past Saturday I had a chance to talk with Heather Miller from Staccato, our store sponsored an STI weekend.
    Last edited by modelbuilder56; 09-30-20 at 20:04.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    DW has everything I wanted (Valor).
    Only complaint is those damn (read dim) Heinie night sights. Once I replaced them, I had perfection. Shoots as well or better than guns I paid twice as much for because of the names!!! YMMV

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modelbuilder56 View Post
    I have this and a P DUO with about 1200 rounds between the two with no issues yet. This past Saturday I had a chance to talk with Heather Miller from Staccato, our store sponsored an STI weekend.
    What store please? I would have loved to be there

Feedback Score
    I’m looking at a couple of the new Bul Armory pistols as well. Well, new to the US market at least.

I take the online reviewers reviews with a grain of salt since most are given the guns to review, but all the feedback has been glowing. And there are a few that actually purchased the guns themselves.

The options are similar to many of the custom and semi custom pistols available.

If you’re looking at a double stack version you can get a metal grip (as opposed to a plastic one) pistol for about 1/3 of what many others are asking.

Be interested in anyone with actual hands on experience. Lead time right now is about 90 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Constitution is a "Gun Free Zone" sign for conservatives

Feedback Score
    What about these two, anyone ever shoot them? https://www.wilsoncombat.com/acp-full-size/ , https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/atlas-...-23-rd-pistol/ . I had a chance to get the WC EDC models in my hand but they were too short in the grip. I haven't held the Atlas yet but the I wonder is it comparable/better to the other 2011s?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by echofiveniner View Post
    What about these two, anyone ever shoot them? https://www.wilsoncombat.com/acp-full-size/ , https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/atlas-...-23-rd-pistol/ . I had a chance to get the WC EDC models in my hand but they were too short in the grip. I haven't held the Atlas yet but the I wonder is it comparable/better to the other 2011s?
    At that kind of money, I would be looking NightHawk for single and double stack guns. Once you hit the Semi-Custom price points they are hard to beat.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Baer.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    Out of the box as the OP requested I would choose Springfield. I would start at the TRP in carbon steel and go up from there. Get the Professional with the rail if you can afford it.

Feedback Score
    Springfield or Colt are good and Dan Wesson. Wilson, Ed Brown and Nighthawk if you have the cash. I would not care for Baer as I hear they are not built to standard 1911 specs.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast