Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Preferred out of the box 1911

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Preferred out of the box 1911/2011, at what price point? You can spend anywhere between $300-10,000 on these things.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker865 View Post
    Preferred out of the box 1911/2011, at what price point? You can spend anywhere between $300-10,000 on these things.
    Exactly!
    Single stack in either 45 or 9 Wilson hands down.
    Double stack 9mm Staccato

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If I had to do it all over again I would save up and get a Wilson in the single stack category. I have more then pleased with my TRP as it has never given me a single issue in the many years I have owned/shot it. However the first time I handled and shot a Wilson I figured out what it was all about. Great guns!

I cannot speak towards a 2011 as I have never handled nor shot one but I have been reading up on them lately and would most likely pick a Triarc TRI-11 in 9mm.

In the end it's all personal preference. I tend to base my purchases on track records of brands and advice from the guys I know have hands on with a product. I think all my Glocks are the ugliest slabs of plastic out there but damn they just work and that's hard to argue with. Try to get hands on with as many variations of the 1911/2011 you can.
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    Springfield or Colt are good and Dan Wesson. Wilson, Ed Brown and Nighthawk if you have the cash. I would not care for Baer as I hear they are not built to standard 1911 specs.
    Baer is built to GI specs, any internal that works in a Colt/Wilson/whatever are GTG in a Baer.
    The difference is in grip frame, it is fractionally larger in OD, magwell/internal dimensions are same as any other 1911- as well difference in build philosophy; i.e. "hard fit" barrel.
    Last edited by gaijin; 10-02-20 at 14:32.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Baer is built to GI specs, any internal that works in a Colt/Wilson/whatever are GTG in a Baer.
    The difference is in grip frame, it is fractionally larger in OD, magwell/internal dimensions are same as any other 1911- as well difference in build philosophy; i.e. "hard fit" barrel.
    It was what I read from a well respected gunsmith on another forum who specializes in 1911s. He didn’t want to work on them for that reason, said it was best to send it back to Baer.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Springfield Armory Custom Shop

Feedback Score
    I've had many different 1911 style .45's over the year. Still own Colt's Kahr, and Dan Wesson. Favorite overall is the DW Valor...what a sweet shooting .45 and nuts accurate.

Feedback Score
    I own Colt's and Dan Wesson's and cannot say how pleased I am with my Les Baer Monolith. Different build philosophy for sure, but it will feed anything!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have owned Springfield, Taurus and Colt 1911's. The Springfield's had to go back home once each [they came back perfect BTW], the Taurus worked well and the Colts worked well.
    I still have the Colt, it just runs and I don't baby it. That's were I put my money.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This may not mean much but I've had my Springfield Vickers Tactical for about 2-3 months now and love it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast