Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .22 Revolver

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I bought a 3" Ruger LCRx in 22 for practice and as just a fun gun. It has been perfect for doing training, and I really enjoy shooting it. Last Saturday I did dot torture and a few other drills with it. SpeedBeez makes a speedloader for it and it has worked very well for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echofiveniner View Post
    Thinking about getting a cheap .22 pistol/revolver anyone have any ideas on them? What do you use and recommend? I have a Ruger 22/45 and kinda want a revolver to teach my kids to shoot it.
    I have a Smith and Wesson 617 22lr revolver that is great.. not sure if it hits your price point. But its a 10 shot revolver and has been totally reliable, accurate and fun to shoot for me and my kids.. I've owned this 1 for over 20 years.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    A good used Ruger Single Six is/was my pick for introducing new shooters

Feedback Score
    Quality .22 revolvers are not cheap. Good used smith and Wesson’s start at 500. New around 700.

Feedback Score
    I have a Ruger SP101 22lr with 4” barrel.
    Been a lot of fun and really solid gun, trigger pull is a little stout in DA but a spring change lightened it up a little. Not one of the cheaper options but it will last forever!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I like my S&W 18-3.
    These are the gold standard, but you can grab a ruger for cheaper and still works. I have Colt SAA, and Stoeger's SAA so there are many nice guns to shoot.

Choose one ask about that specific gun and we can help you.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    What kind of targets do you typically shoot? What size? What distance?

The sights on the Wrangler are not adjustable. Ruger usually does a good job of getting the sights regulated on guns like the Bearcat and Vaquero, but different brands of 22LRs tend to group differently so I would recommend trying to find a gun with adjustable sights if possible.

I have a Single-Six that has adjustable sights. Not much adjustment was needed but it is dialed in now and will perforate empty shotshells at 30 feet with regularity.

My dad and my uncle have different versions of a High Standard revolver. The sights on these guns are (essentially) fixed. My dad's gun shoots close to point of aim but my uncle's gun shoots considerably above point of aim which would complicate teaching new/inexperienced shooters without getting them overly frustrated.

Feedback Score
    If a single action is under consideration, the Ruger Single Six is a real nice one.

Mine is a 6.5" 22/22WMR convertible. It's slow to load, but i still enjoy it a lot.

Alongside my other 22 handgun, an older model Ruger 22/45. They are both great shooters.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tucsondirt View Post
    I have a Ruger SP101 22lr with 4” barrel.
    Been a lot of fun and really solid gun, trigger pull is a little stout in DA but a spring change lightened it up a little. Not one of the cheaper options but it will last forever!
    +1. I’ve got one of those (in addition to a few other S&W and Ruger .22’s) and it is one nice revolver. Stainless Steel, Fiber Optic front sight, and an 8 shot cylinder, what’s not to like?

Feedback Score
    The heritage SA makes a great pistol to teach kids with, they are inexpensive, run forever, AND actually available at this time. The Taurus 942 is interesting, if they ever become available.....for $300.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast