Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I done did it, Staccato P Duo

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Got to shoot it again yesterday off a table and rest. Shot a bughole at 20 plus yards with one flier that opened up the group to 2". This is with the Holosun dot. This was with WOLF ammo.

We also shot these 124gr Berry's hp bullets that literally shot about a 12" group off the same table. We were astonished that a bullet could shoot so bad compared to the WOLF group. Those plated bullets can really suck big time for accuracy sometimes.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Got to shoot it again yesterday off a table and rest. Shot a bughole at 20 plus yards with one flier that opened up the group to 2". This is with the Holosun dot. This was with WOLF ammo.

We also shot these 124gr Berry's hp bullets that literally shot about a 12" group off the same table. We were astonished that a bullet could shoot so bad compared to the WOLF group. Those plated bullets can really suck big time for accuracy sometimes.
    Hmmm,I thought the Berry HP were real bullets,LOL So there just plated bullets with a HP in them,,that sucks,,LOL If they "ever" come back into stock for plated I always loved the Xtreme 135 FP bullets,they are sized @ .356 and they always shot as good as anything factory or otherwise out of my CZs. Give them a try sometime.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There are different hollow point bullets from berry's. These are just shaped like a hollow point. 124gr with that truncated shape. Absolutely horrible accuracy.

We shot the 45 acp hollow points that look like a really nice hollow point. Didn't appear to expand in my jug/gel test, but shot ok. We didn't do any actual accuracy tests on those because we were't getting un-explained huge misses.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’ve never really concerned myself with pistol accuracy, that all changed after shooting these Berry’s. I always thought, it’s a pretty big target at pretty close...NOPE.

We just keep learning don’t we.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    My trip to 2000 rounds has not been without issues. They are solved for now and I hope to go another 2000 rounds without another hiccup.
    Nice looking pistols, but zero appeal to me. I hear this way too often with these guns--you can get them there, but there's the high purchase price, AND the sometimes multiple follow-up steps to achieving reliable function.

Nothing but respect for Hilton Yam's experience around the 1911, but my estimation has dropped a little bit over his involvement with this platform.

It's a lot to spend for a doublestack that seems to be a crapshoot as to whether it'll be g2g without tweaks. It basically replicates the performance of a similarly configured comp-ready CZ but with less reliability, and more than double the price.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    It basically replicates the performance of a similarly configured comp-ready CZ but with less reliability, and more than double the price.
    I've never had the chance to shoot a CZ. But I'd put the Staccato at the top of the list of smooth shooting 9mm pistols that I've fired. It sure isn't cheap, but it is a nice pistol.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456