Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I done did it, Staccato P Duo

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    A new barrel would have to be hand-fitted.

If you want one, contact Staccato and tell them you want one. They've said they're considering it and the more inquiries they get, the more likely it is that they will do so in the future. And if they have any thoughts on how you might put one together on your own, they might share that with you.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have always wanted to try a 2011 and after watching a lot of Hilton Yam's Staccato vids I am really really wanting to try one now. Great looking pistol man!
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Congrats PB. Looks very nice. The last thing I need is another gun but for the first time in a while, I'm really tempted....
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The barrel is an absolute hog. One beefy barrel. I took it apart and cleaned it and was amazed at thick the barrrel is.

If you wanted a threaded barrel it would need to STI

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pappabear running his pistol today...

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Looks solid.
    Any issues? Initial opinions?

We ran drills this AM, 36 degrees at 8.
    I split the session between Staccato P (irons) and DVC P (compensator/Holosun).
    Precision at any distance goes to RD gun, no surprise. I was quicker 15 yds and in with irons, but not as precise.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Looks solid.
    When I first held the gun in the kitchen, I was concerned about it being a "handful". Feels large... AND the trigger was good, but not GREAT for a 1911 type gun.

Actually shooting the gun was WAY better. Usually a gun's characteristics are worse when live firing. Not the case at all with this one. You can really step on the gas easily. I really like the pistol a lot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Well,dam,,this is both good news and bad news ! I have looked at these for awhile and watched many a good vid reviews on them and each one convinces me more that I should get one ! Worse case is being in suck-hole NY I can't take advantage of the "Standard" mags but at least they offer 10rd ones so I'm good with that ! I have been thinking about this for awhile like I said but this thread is helping push me a little further for sure ! I have a couple higher priced CZs I could sell to help the wallet so no problem there ! I really want the Optic Ready one but dam its $500 bucks more than the standard one Is there anything stopping you from getting the standard P and getting the slide milled ? Are there problems or proprietary parts that would make it a issue ? Time to start sorting through my "extra" things and see what I can come up with.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Looks solid.

We ran drills this AM, 36 degrees at 8.
    I split the session between Staccato P (irons) and DVC P (compensator/Holosun).
    Precision at any distance goes to RD gun, no surprise. I was quicker 15 yds and in with irons, but not as precise.
    How is the Holosun holding up as a red dot? Curious between that, an RMR and a Leupold Delta Point

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    How is the Holosun holding up as a red dot? Curious between that, an RMR and a Leupold Delta Point
    Personally; two Trij RMR's both went tits up after a few K rds. (emitter lens flew off, other lost ability to hold zero)- on a CZP 10C and 2011. Trijicon repaired both , no problems.
    RMRs are now on AR9's and have held up with no reciprocating slide banging them around.

1 DPP on a frame mount .22 1911- target gun/play gun. Works fine, but seems relatively fragile, would not trust it on a "fer real" pistol.

3 Holosun on range/hard use guns. All with zero issues. Prefer the newer "side mount battery" version as it's not necessary to remove and re-zero sight to replace battery.

Three others in group run Holosun, total of 5 Holosun amongst them- 1 had issue with "flickering". Issue was battery cover not screwed in tight enough.

Small sample size, our/my experience nontheless.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast