Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I done did it, Staccato P Duo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    How is the Holosun holding up as a red dot? Curious between that, an RMR and a Leupold Delta Point
    If you want something durable the RMR and Holosun are going to be better than the DPP. Anything can happen with electronics, but the Holosun are even being recommended by some reputable trainers

I have a 507c with a few k rounds and no issues. Sage Dynamics (Aaron Cowan) has a lot of good info on youtube and a whitepaper on his website about the durability of various handgun mounted RDS.

He says that the RMR, Holosun, and ACRO are the recommendations for duty use in no particular order

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have was running a Holosun on my Legion A5 competition gun and it has been great. I bought 2 based on Gaijn's recommendation, no regrets.

M1A, I sold a Nighthawk to pay for this little jewel. Don't but a $2,500 gun and let somebody mill it. Its a gamble, destroys the warranty...no no no IMHO. And would only save you $200 or so after paying for the milling. I wet through the same thought process.

Mark loaded up some handholds with 124 Berry's, they turned to not be very accurate but ran just fine. I shot a couple hundred of that Wolf 115 military tuna can garbage, ran like a champ and accurate.

I am already over the grip issue, with dry firing last week and two range trips. Non issue. Feels solid, love the gun.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have was running a Holosun on my Legion A5 competition gun and it has been great. I bought 2 based on Gaijn's recommendation, no regrets.

M1A, I sold a Nighthawk to pay for this little jewel. Don't but a $2,500 gun and let somebody mill it. Its a gamble, destroys the warranty...no no no IMHO. And would only save you $200 or so after paying for the milling. I wet through the same thought process.

Mark loaded up some handholds with 124 Berry's, they turned to not be very accurate but ran just fine. I shot a couple hundred of that Wolf 115 military tuna can garbage, ran like a champ and accurate.

I am already over the grip issue, with dry firing last week and two range trips. Non issue. Feels solid, love the gun.

PB
    Yea that makes sense for sure ! I forget about the Warranty, its rare that anyone needs it but "if" ya do its nice having it ! I have 2 that I could let go for sure maybe a 3rd,all CZs. A ShadowLine Compact, Shadow 2 and maybe a all Steel PO-1 with the full CGW package,,,but that one I really love alot,LOL The other 2 I haven't shot in months,,if not over a year,,,just "cool" guns sitting in my safe !! In reality I need to thin things out,cool to have but if ya never shoot them,why keep them ! I have both a Holosun and a RMR NIB in my safe just waiting for something cool to go on and the Staccato looks like a likely candidate ! Looks like I better get going,LOL Thanks for the info & the wake up moment, LOL Pappabear !

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    How did it feel/fit in the hands?

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    When I first held the gun in the kitchen, I was concerned about it being a "handful". Feels large... AND the trigger was good, but not GREAT for a 1911 type gun.

Actually shooting the gun was WAY better. Usually a gun's characteristics are worse when live firing. Not the case at all with this one. You can really step on the gas easily. I really like the pistol a lot.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Yea that makes sense for sure ! I forget about the Warranty, its rare that anyone needs it but "if" ya do its nice having it ! I have 2 that I could let go for sure maybe a 3rd,all CZs. A ShadowLine Compact, Shadow 2 and maybe a all Steel PO-1 with the full CGW package,,,but that one I really love alot,LOL The other 2 I haven't shot in months,,if not over a year,,,just "cool" guns sitting in my safe !! In reality I need to thin things out,cool to have but if ya never shoot them,why keep them ! I have both a Holosun and a RMR NIB in my safe just waiting for something cool to go on and the Staccato looks like a likely candidate ! Looks like I better get going,LOL Thanks for the info & the wake up moment, LOL Pappabear !
    Good luck, I doubt you will regret it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Personally; two Trij RMR's both went tits up after a few K rds. (emitter lens flew off, other lost ability to hold zero)- on a CZP 10C and 2011. Trijicon repaired both , no problems.
    RMRs are now on AR9's and have held up with no reciprocating slide banging them around.

1 DPP on a frame mount .22 1911- target gun/play gun. Works fine, but seems relatively fragile, would not trust it on a "fer real" pistol.

3 Holosun on range/hard use guns. All with zero issues. Prefer the newer "side mount battery" version as it's not necessary to remove and re-zero sight to replace battery.

Three others in group run Holosun, total of 5 Holosun amongst them- 1 had issue with "flickering". Issue was battery cover not screwed in tight enough.

Small sample size, our/my experience nontheless.
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    If you want something durable the RMR and Holosun are going to be better than the DPP. Anything can happen with electronics, but the Holosun are even being recommended by some reputable trainers

I have a 507c with a few k rounds and no issues. Sage Dynamics (Aaron Cowan) has a lot of good info on youtube and a whitepaper on his website about the durability of various handgun mounted RDS.

He says that the RMR, Holosun, and ACRO are the recommendations for duty use in no particular order
    Appreciate the comments!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    How did it feel/fit in the hands?
    Once we were on the range, the grip was a non-issue. I spent a week dry firing and two range sessions, don't even notice it now. YMMV

PB

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Good luck, I doubt you will regret it.

PB
    I agree,I'm sure I will love the gun once I get it ! Last question PB,LOL now did you get the gun at a local shop or did you order direct ? I know they offer LEO/Military discount, I was in the service but I would imagine you need to be current LEO or Active duty for the discount ? I don't need to know what you paid but is it safe to assume that you will pay there asking price,(MSRP) or if bought local did the gun shop discount it at all ? I have pretty much accepted that getting the gun and a couple extra mags I'm gonna be $2600+ or so,,but just wondering (ballparkish) where you were at. Thanks again & look forward to a few more range session's !

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I wouldn't give up on mil discount them. Email and ask, all they can say is no.

I paid $2,500 out the door at my LGS. GUNBROKER is $2,500 on average.

Ask for mil discount. Good luck.

PB

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast