Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most accurate bolt gun for $2500

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Most accurate bolt gun for $2500

Very limited knowledge in the high end / custom bolt gun options. I want a nice bolt gun for extended range, and PRS style competitions. My main goal is accuracy.. and getting hits out to 1200 yards. I have bolt guns that I use for hunting so not worried about weight. I am heavily invested in 308 but am really leaning towards the 6.5 Creedmoor for the flatter trajectory.. I don't currently reload so readily available factory ammo is a must. The 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor both use the same AICS mags .. I believe which is a plus.

I've looked at the Master Piece Arms and the GA Precision bolt guns .. which is "better" or should I look at someone else.

Leaning towards 1 of these two in 6.5 Creedmoor.. but open to 308 or 300 Win Mag if these would be much better options.

My goal is to keep the rifle to $2500 but will go a little higher if I can get more value.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    These are just coming out I guess, looks interesting. https://www.springfield-armory.com/m...ypoint-rifles/ Do you want more "Tactical" or Hunting, although the difference can be minimal ! Depends on your likes of a Chassis gun or a more traditional stock. The DD gun is a solid rifle also I would assume.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    These are just coming out I guess, looks interesting. https://www.springfield-armory.com/m...ypoint-rifles/ Do you want more "Tactical" or Hunting, although the difference can be minimal ! Depends on your likes of a Chassis gun or a more traditional stock. The DD gun is a solid rifle also I would assume.
    I already have a Bergara HMR Pro that shoots in the range of what Springfield is marketing. I already have hunting oriented guns and fine with chassis or stock.. looking for maximum accuracy. The DD is interesting but I think I want to go with 1 of the known high end precision manufacturers.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    For that price, lurk on gunbroker or call Mile High for a used Accuracy International AE...MkIII if you can.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 10-01-20 at 18:45.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For that budget you can build it to your own specs & have a benchrest gunsmith piece it together with an accuracy guarantee. You just need to decide what build you want & who to make it.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    To be competitive in PRS/NRL, go with one of the 6mm options. 6 Creedmoor if you don't want to reload, 6GT if you do.
    For the rifle, I'd go this way: https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa...etition-rifle/
    There are similar others available from different manufacturers/builders, but this pretty much hits your needs and price point in one fell swoop.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    To be competitive in PRS/NRL, go with one of the 6mm options. 6 Creedmoor if you don't want to reload, 6GT if you do.
    For the rifle, I'd go this way: https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa...etition-rifle/
    There are similar others available from different manufacturers/builders, but this pretty much hits your needs and price point in one fell swoop.
    Thank you Jack. What are your thoughts on 6.5 CM vs 6 CM? I'm not currently a reloaderif this changes your thoughts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    For that price, lurk on gunbroker or call Mile High for a used Accuracy International AE...MkIII if you can.
    Probably will be over your price range but I second the AI suggestion.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Accuracy is really mostly in the barrel. You can get an "accurate" gun for under $2k easy.

Bergara makes great barrels, and they come with their rifles. Ruger Precision is pretty decent accuracy wise, add a barrel from Long Rifles Inc and it'll shoot accurately well.

It's the other issues that you're paying for.

bolt throw, reliability, aftermarket compatibility, etc.

Spend more and get an Accuracy International if you're going to do it long term.

Ruger Precision is the value option with decent accuracy.

Customs start around that price range, but it may require more gunsmithing that you want to deal with.

Tikka is the easy button for a great barrel and great trigger out of the box. Action is very smooth. fewer aftermarket options though

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    Bergara makes great barrels, and they come with their rifles. Ruger Precision is pretty decent accuracy wise, add a barrel from Long Rifles Inc and it'll shoot accurately well.
    Agreed! These days, you have to be insane to pay for a boutique gun with how easy it is to scoop up a factory gun that'll shoot 1/2 moa if you find it's favorite load.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast