Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most accurate bolt gun for $2500

Feedback Score

Most accurate bolt gun for $2500

Very limited knowledge in the high end / custom bolt gun options. I want a nice bolt gun for extended range, and PRS style competitions. My main goal is accuracy.. and getting hits out to 1200 yards. I have bolt guns that I use for hunting so not worried about weight. I am heavily invested in 308 but am really leaning towards the 6.5 Creedmoor for the flatter trajectory.. I don't currently reload so readily available factory ammo is a must. The 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor both use the same AICS mags .. I believe which is a plus.

I've looked at the Master Piece Arms and the GA Precision bolt guns .. which is "better" or should I look at someone else.

Leaning towards 1 of these two in 6.5 Creedmoor.. but open to 308 or 300 Win Mag if these would be much better options.

My goal is to keep the rifle to $2500 but will go a little higher if I can get more value.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    These are just coming out I guess, looks interesting. https://www.springfield-armory.com/m...ypoint-rifles/ Do you want more "Tactical" or Hunting, although the difference can be minimal ! Depends on your likes of a Chassis gun or a more traditional stock. The DD gun is a solid rifle also I would assume.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    These are just coming out I guess, looks interesting. https://www.springfield-armory.com/m...ypoint-rifles/ Do you want more "Tactical" or Hunting, although the difference can be minimal ! Depends on your likes of a Chassis gun or a more traditional stock. The DD gun is a solid rifle also I would assume.
    I already have a Bergara HMR Pro that shoots in the range of what Springfield is marketing. I already have hunting oriented guns and fine with chassis or stock.. looking for maximum accuracy. The DD is interesting but I think I want to go with 1 of the known high end precision manufacturers.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    For that price, lurk on gunbroker or call Mile High for a used Accuracy International AE...MkIII if you can.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 10-01-20 at 18:45.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For that budget you can build it to your own specs & have a benchrest gunsmith piece it together with an accuracy guarantee. You just need to decide what build you want & who to make it.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    To be competitive in PRS/NRL, go with one of the 6mm options. 6 Creedmoor if you don't want to reload, 6GT if you do.
    For the rifle, I'd go this way: https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa...etition-rifle/
    There are similar others available from different manufacturers/builders, but this pretty much hits your needs and price point in one fell swoop.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    To be competitive in PRS/NRL, go with one of the 6mm options. 6 Creedmoor if you don't want to reload, 6GT if you do.
    For the rifle, I'd go this way: https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa...etition-rifle/
    There are similar others available from different manufacturers/builders, but this pretty much hits your needs and price point in one fell swoop.
    Thank you Jack. What are your thoughts on 6.5 CM vs 6 CM? I'm not currently a reloaderif this changes your thoughts.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I had to go back and look it up I couldn't remember the name,I ran into these a few months back and thought it was a lot of rifle for the $$$ ! What's interesting is the company address is the same as Defiance machine out of Montana ! www.badrockrifles.com Take a look.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    Very limited knowledge in the high end / custom bolt gun options. I want a nice bolt gun for extended range, and PRS style competitions. My main goal is accuracy.. and getting hits out to 1200 yards. I have bolt guns that I use for hunting so not worried about weight. I am heavily invested in 308 but am really leaning towards the 6.5 Creedmoor for the flatter trajectory.. I don't currently reload so readily available factory ammo is a must. The 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor both use the same AICS mags .. I believe which is a plus.

I've looked at the Master Piece Arms and the GA Precision bolt guns .. which is "better" or should I look at someone else.

Leaning towards 1 of these two in 6.5 Creedmoor.. but open to 308 or 300 Win Mag if these would be much better options.

My goal is to keep the rifle to $2500 but will go a little higher if I can get more value.

Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bldRh8_MGklSBA

This 0317 already did a bunch of the legwork for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I had to go back and look it up I couldn't remember the name,I ran into these a few months back and thought it was a lot of rifle for the $$$ ! What's interesting is the company address is the same as Defiance machine out of Montana ! www.badrockrifles.com Take a look.
    Those look interesting .. but no accuracy guarantee on the website. Masterpiece Arms and GA Precision have 3/8 an inch MOA guarantee on some rifles. Do you have experience with Badrock rifles?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast