Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most accurate bolt gun for $2500

Feedback Score
    Appreciate everyone’s input and suggestions. I went with the Masterpiece Arms rifle in 6.5CM.. has a 3/8 MOA guarantee should be great to start with. Now wait 12 weeks or so for delivery so plenty of time to explore scopes and rings. I’m leaning towards the Vortex Razor in 5 - 27 and seekins rings. I have a couple of Vortex PST gen II’s on other rifles and been very pleased with Vortex.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    Appreciate everyone’s input and suggestions. I went with the Masterpiece Arms rifle in 6.5CM.. has a 3/8 MOA guarantee should be great to start with. Now wait 12 weeks or so for delivery so plenty of time to explore scopes and rings. I’m leaning towards the Vortex Razor in 5 - 27 and seekins rings. I have a couple of Vortex PST gen II’s on other rifles and been very pleased with Vortex.
    That gun should treat you well, and 6.5 creedmoor is plenty capable, and better than 6mm as an 'all around' cartridge (ie: you can big game hunt with it, etc). I run the Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27 on my competition gun and have loved it. It's heavy, so not ideal for hiking through the mountains for long periods of time, but it's built like a tank and the glass and turrets are awesome. Mine is in a Sphur mount, but you don't need to spend that much on rings. The Vortex Precision matched rings work great. Make sure to post a pic and accuracy review when you have it set up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    That gun should treat you well, and 6.5 creedmoor is plenty capable, and better than 6mm as an 'all around' cartridge (ie: you can big game hunt with it, etc). I run the Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27 on my competition gun and have loved it. It's heavy, so not ideal for hiking through the mountains for long periods of time, but it's built like a tank and the glass and turrets are awesome. Mine is in a Sphur mount, but you don't need to spend that much on rings. The Vortex Precision matched rings work great. Make sure to post a pic and accuracy review when you have it set up.
    Definetly will. It's about a 12 week wait for delivery so going to be researching rings and scope. I'm leaning towards Seekins as I've used them in the past. Which Spuhr rings do you use with your Razor? Are the 2 piece matched rings? I've heard great things about Spuhr but don't own any. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Definetly will. It's about a 12 week wait for delivery so going to be researching rings and scope. I'm leaning towards Seekins as I've used them in the past. Which Spuhr rings do you use with your Razor? Are the 2 piece matched rings? I've heard great things about Spuhr but don't own any. Thanks!
    Congrats on the decision, should be a great rifle!

An idea, if you haven't already done this: ask MPA to add the West Texas Ordnance "switchlug" feature to your rifle (you can find threads at the hide where others have done this wiht MPA rifles, in fact I think somebody mentioend it in your thread you have over there). It doesn't cost that much to have them add it on, but is super convenient as you can change out barrels in a matter of a couple minutes and RTZ with just a hex wrench. Even if you don't get into swappable bolts/calibers, it's still worth having a switchlug so you can rebarrel without having to send rifle to a gunsmith, you can barrel swap at the range, whatever. You can run 2 or 3 calibers in the same family of cartridges (for instance you could have 6mm/6.5/.308 barrels, all would work with your AICS pattern mags). I have the switchlug on my Tikka and love it, just ordered a 6 CM barrel to go along with 6.5.

Feedback Score
    I have the ISMS 1-piece 34mm mount. Pricey but rock solid. And good advice from Maximus83

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    An idea, if you haven't already done this: ask MPA to add the West Texas Ordnance "switchlug" feature to your rifle (you can find threads at the hide where others have done this wiht MPA rifles, in fact I think somebody mentioend it in your thread you have over there). It doesn't cost that much to have them add it on, but is super convenient as you can change out barrels in a matter of a couple minutes and RTZ with just a hex wrench. Even if you don't get into swappable bolts/calibers, it's still worth having a switchlug so you can rebarrel without having to send rifle to a gunsmith, you can barrel swap at the range, whatever. You can run 2 or 3 calibers in the same family of cartridges (for instance you could have 6mm/6.5/.308 barrels, all would work with your AICS pattern mags). I have the switchlug on my Tikka and love it, just ordered a 6 CM barrel to go along with 6.5.
    That’s some great advice. I will check with them now. I’d seen the term switch lug but didnt know the details on how that works or what the benefit would be for a luggite like myself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I have the ISMS 1-piece 34mm mount. Pricey but rock solid. And good advice from Maximus83
    I was looking at the ISMS mount today on midway. What is the benefit of a mount like the ISMS 1 piece mounts Vs like the Seekins matched rings?

Feedback Score
    I was looking at the ISMS mount today on midway. What is the benefit of a mount like the ISMS 1 piece mounts Vs like the Seekins matched rings?
    One piece is more solid, with less room for movement or flex. They also have 6 screws with distributes the torque across the rail. They make leveling the scope easier and they are one of the few mounts that allow you to mount accessories to the optic if you need. These may not be a big enough advantage over standard rings to justify the cost for you, but i like how rock solid my scope is in that mount. Mine has never failed me, and i've never heard anything but positive reviews from guys using them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post

Wow that’s a great suggestion. I’d heard if switch mugs but honestly didn’t know what they did or what the purpose is. Is there any loss in accuracy by adding a switch lug? I will dig around on the Hide as well for info on switch lugs and check with MPA on what the additional fee would be for adding a switch lug. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wow that’s a great suggestion. I’d heard if switch mugs but honestly didn’t know what they did or what the purpose is. Is there any loss in accuracy by adding a switch lug? I will dig around on the Hide as well for info on switch lugs and check with MPA on what the additional fee would be for adding a switch lug. Thank you!
    No impact on accuracy while shooting, lots of guys are getting them. When you switch barrels, their spec is it'll return to zero within half moa.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast