I keep seeing all the 45 degree offset bases for sale for Weaver bases but I have never seen any on a rifle being used for anything. I remember seeing a scope with irons on the top of the scope pictures but don't know anyone that uses them.

Just thinking on it but tilting sights would be a tad difficult to zero and you would be restricted to close in shots but I don't remember ever seeing a sight mounted at 45 degrees.

I could see a small scope mounted on 45 mounts with the cross hairs tilted at 45 to give vertical sight picture but the nature of scopes and weights and size seems to preclude such.

Thus it seems the only logical option is learn to look down the barrel with rifle canted and practice till you get good.

I had a good friend who was a sniper with Patton's Army at the Bulge and he told me several interesting tidbits.

1. He traded off his 03A4 for a M1 Garand.
2. He looked down the barrel and pointed it like a shotgun for close in shots.
3. He opened the rear aperture up so he could see front sight in the woods (low light).

I remember back during Nam the Army was teaching such and bought BB rifles with no sights and tossed up metal discs for troops to get used to looking down the barrel.