Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone ever come up with a 45 degree offset sight system that works well

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    What brand are those off set ones? bottom pic, flip up ones?
    Knights Armament
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    They are also available as a direct mount, MLOK or KeyMod

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    What is the height over bore for the optic with this mount? I have some Dueck Defense RTS, but they are low compared to a 1.70" or 1.93" optic. Is the optic co-witness height, or lower 1/3? I like the concept...

About 6 months ago, I switched from 45deg BUIS to offset RDS. I had the shakes every time I thought about not having irons... lol.
    Per their website...

Co witness with the iron sights in the bottom 1/3 of the red dots field of view leaving the top 2/3 unobstructed by anything for optimal performance.

https://dueckdefense.com/shop/rifles/red-dot-adapter/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    If I were to do another LPVO those folding Knights would be my first choice. Last time around I had an offset T2, nothing wrong with that, just all more than I need.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I like the XS offset sights since they are lower profile, easier to get directly over the bore when you rotate and they are basically pistol sights for close range. I am thinking if a magnified optic goes down you may have time to remove it and flip BUIS, now if you need to transition to close range quickly you can rotate and continue on. I prefer the fixed low profile 45 sights than needing to flip up my 45’s.

https://xssights.com/products/xti2-45-degree-offset-buis-non-tritium-set.html
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 04-11-23 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    I like the XS offset sights since they are lower profile, easier to get directly over the bore when you rotate and they are basically pistol sights for close range. I am thinking if a magnified optic goes down you may have time to remove it and flip BUIS, now if you need to transition to close range quickly you can rotate and continue on. I prefer the fixed low profile 45 sights than needing to flip up my 45’s.

https://xssights.com/products/xti2-4...itium-set.html
    Any thoughts on the height over bore on that? I’ve heard that the XS offset BUIS were too low.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Any thoughts on the height over bore on that? I’ve heard that the XS offset BUIS were too low.
    I just jabbed my flash hider into some cardboard and then marked with a pen when I looked down the sights. Took a measurement and it was 2.135”. I wasn’t precise when I marked or measured, so I may be off a few thousandths.

The biggest issue I see is people think they have 45deg sights and that they must rotate the rifle 45 to get the sights vertical. All that is needed is for the rifle to be rotated enough to get the dot/sight picture over the barrel centerline. If one rotates to where the sights are true vertical, then the sights are to the left of the barrel centerline.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I just jabbed my flash hider into some cardboard and then marked with a pen when I looked down the sights. Took a measurement and it was 2.135”. I wasn’t precise when I marked or measured, so I may be off a few thousandths.

The biggest issue I see is people think they have 45deg sights and that they must rotate the rifle 45 to get the sights vertical. All that is needed is for the rifle to be rotated enough to get the dot/sight picture over the barrel centerline. If one rotates to where the sights are true vertical, then the sights are to the left of the barrel centerline.
    Ironically, I also find a lot of utility in having the rifle 'overrotated' in some instances, and using that to get a little bit more offset, or if I'm jammed up somewhere awkward trying to drive an unwieldy thing left-handed, they're actually quite good for the same reasons. It's not a clean cheekweld or anything close to it, but if I can see an FSP through any form of ring, I'm in solid shape.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Ironically, I also find a lot of utility in having the rifle 'overrotated' in some instances, and using that to get a little bit more offset, or if I'm jammed up somewhere awkward trying to drive an unwieldy thing left-handed, they're actually quite good for the same reasons. It's not a clean cheekweld or anything close to it, but if I can see an FSP through any form of ring, I'm in solid shape.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I had a pair of those a number of years ago. I don't recall them being tall enough to co-witness. The screw also stripped out and the rear sight disappeared. I'd go with knights or magpul, maybe those MI ones.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast