Thread: Source for .625 OD Muzzle Shims?

Feedback Score

Source for .625 OD Muzzle Shims?

I just acquired a Criterion CORE 13.9” for a Pin and Weld project with a Huxwrks extended FH. I can’t seem to find shims other than .750 OD. These will over hang the barrel and mount. Anyone know where I can find some .625 OD shims?
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    You try looking through mcmaster carr. They have tons of stuff for the industrial business. Just have to filter down to what you are looking for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    You try looking through mcmaster carr. They have tons of stuff for the industrial business. Just have to filter down to what you are looking for.
    I’ll take a look. I need to figure out how to search for what I need.

I spoke to Precision Armament. They said they would make them if there was enough customer interest
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I have several barrels with .625 gas block journals, AFAIK they all use standard shims because the muzzle devices are all pretty standard size. Normal shims are really bigger than that Hux device?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I found Arbor Shims on Granger

18-8
    0.005 in
    +/-0.0005 in
    0.503 in ID
    0.623 in OD

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I just searched mcmaster and had trouble getting both dimensions to pull up something.

Feedback Score
    I just searched mcmaster and had trouble getting both dimensions to pull up something.
    Try searching arbor, lengthening, and shortening shims. That’s where I found the above option

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m building with the same the same barrel, likely also a 20” Core. I get the single Arbor shim, thanks for that.

For the lengthening/shortening shims, what would be a good selection?