Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plates for women ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Plates for women ?

I did a search but didn't come up with anything, so Iam wanting to get my wife some plates I know its a bad time. I saw awhile ago that RMA was goint to release their female plates Oct. 1st but just found out it was for preorder. So I am looking for opinions from people with experience for women.

Thanks Scott

Feedback Score
    Is she a big or small woman? Whats her body shape?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AO777 View Post
    Is she a big or small woman? Whats her body shape?
    She is 5'8, 140lb and shall we say curvy well endowed on top if I can say the politely.
    Thank you

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If that is the case, I would suspect the carrier will be the bigger issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    She is 5'8, 140lb and shall we say curvy well endowed on top if I can say the politely.
    Thank you
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah the RMA option came to mind, just got the email, I see you've checked them out already.

Multi curve for sure, light as you can afford, is gonna be the best option until RMAs offering starts shipping, methinks.

Feedback Score
    Multi-curve for sure then based upon her body type. DO you have budget in mind? Ceramic will be light but expensive depending on brand, weight, curve, etc.. If she isnt going to be wearing this daily for work I'd look at steel. Spartan Armor has a great multi-curve design. I have a set of 8x10 steel for my wife to use and it very light maybe 10lbs total. If you do go steel make sure you purchase whatever additional spall coating is available. Do a little research on steel vs Ceramic as people have widely varying opinions on it..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Actually there's quite a bit of technical info out there that attests to the inferiority of steel armor.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    She will not be wearing all day, and will go with ceramick. Thinking of going with the Condor Cyclone lw.

Thanks Scott

Feedback Score
    I'm sure you already got a LW carrier , but I just looked at RTS LW carrier for my wife... it is KISS simple... she isn't gonna be doing any Movement to Contact with it.... purely defensive... I think that might be an option for others looking to get something for their significant other... or old school /non woke term is WIFE..
    AND its Made in USA
    Last edited by WornOutGrunt; 02-15-22 at 08:34. Reason: updating

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    If she does not need loadout options, you may want to go with a concealable option. I went with the FirstSpear The Slick. I can then use it as low vis concealable option when she is not using it.
    nawai

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast