Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the q/c at Marlin like now?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What's the q/c at Marlin like now?

I really would like a Marlin lever gun.
    What's the q/c like right now?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a more or less new 1895CB in 45-70. I like the rifle, haven't had any issues but it's not exactly a high volume shooter

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Generally better than when Remington first purchased it. Older JM marked guns are still sought after, and available.

1894, 336, or 1895?

My 1894c in .38/.357 with it’s Williams peep sight is probably my favorite gun. Have a Burris FF2 on it now, and and trying to decide if it’s going to get an Aimpoint Micro or Trijicon RMR (eyes aren’t what they used to be).

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I shot steel with subsonic 45-70 out of a new Marlin 1895G about a month ago. Everything seemed nice and it worked well. I cannot say exactly how "new" it was. But friend said it was new from a store, not previously owned.

I have two JM 1894's and a pre remmy model 60 to give you an idea of my Marlin experience. I'd say my buddy's 1895G was in the same boat as my marlins as far as quality and performance goes.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Biggest thing I’d say is to put hands on, and run a few snap-caps thru it. The action with smooth out if it feels a bit rough (my JMs were that way because they hadn’t been shot much, but a few thousand dry-fires later...), but as long as fit and function are good, I’d say it’s a go.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quality is low. Ruger has acquired Marlin and that's good news, quality will be improving.

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...rlin-firearms/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting. I was hoping to get a 357 and/or 45LC 1895 with the long barrel and full length tube

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    3 months ago I picked up a brand new Remlin 1895 GBL in 45-70. While I prefer JM guns, this one was and is a quality rifle. Fit and finish just fine, action as smooth as a new factory Marlin levergun is gonna be, and pleasant and accurate to shoot. No complaints with this Remlin.

The gun store let me fondle the rifle so I was certain the action was good to go, unlike at Cabela's and Academy where they won't remove zip ties and trigger locks allowing the potential buy to see if the gun actually works. With Remlin this is a must, IMO.

There are good Remlins and there are a few bad JMs. Try before you buy!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Hunt down an older model without the lame crossbolt safety.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Hunt down an older model without the lame crossbolt safety.
    1894s without a safety are not common by any means and the same is true about quite a few neat 336/1895 models.

My 1895 GS is the only lever gun I own with a cross bolt safety so I replaced it with a dummy screw made for that purpose.

Edited to add that there is nothing wrong with the crossbolt safety, it's just not traditional. If my guide gun was my only lever action rifle, the safety would be intact and in use.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-05-20 at 11:03.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast