Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EAGLE OPERATORS GUN BELT W/MOLLE ATTACHMENT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

EAGLE OPERATORS GUN BELT W/MOLLE ATTACHMENT

So I'm considering this belt over the Ronin, and I'm just curious if I'm "giving anything up" by not going with the Ronin belt? It's not life and death, just looking for a good quality belt, kinda a "buy once, cry once" situation.

They look pretty similar and while I haven't purchased Eagle "stuff' in a while , hoping their stuff is still "top shelf"

However things could have changed over the years?

If you're an "owner/operator" of the Eagle belt? how's the sizing?

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have one. It works. However...

It inverts the Velcro from every other belt on the market so the soft is on the inside of the outer belt and the hard Velcro is on the outside of the inner belt. Which chews the shit out of your belt loops and anything else you rub up against when only wearing the inner belt.

It also uses a stiffener unlike the Ronin which relies on nylon webbing material and craftsmanship to be as stiff so the Eagle is a touch thicker (not noticeable, just a data point).

I also have a Blue Alpha Gear Belt of the same type. I would buy that belt again and twice on Sunday (even over the Ronin). You can customize your package and getting and under belt with a buckle instead of just Velcro is soooo much better. They are a touch cheaper than Ronin and I don’t think they have the out of stock games Ronin has. They are built to order.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks, I take your point on the velcro comparison, good observation, I didn't consider that.
    On the Blue Alpha belt, what model is compatible? and what about sizing? at my age I'm on the "top end" of the sizing chart so 46"-48" and is the "inner belt" an additional cost?
    It looks "bullet proof" and I do like the inner belt buckle set up, I used the velcro set up on my inner duty belt for yrs and it did become a PIA towards the end of service.
    Did you go with the D-ring option and the EDC inner belt? Do they offer a LE/MIL discount?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    https://www.bluealphabelts.com/produ...uble-belt-rig/

I went without the D ring on the blue alpha because I don't need it and its heavy. The EDC underbelly upgrade is a $10 increase and would be worth it for a $20 increase. Sizing, they run normal to maybe a little big. I ordered a 38 pant size belt and I don't have a lot of room left to cinch it down (iim loosing weight) but there's an easy 3" to open it up. Also, in regards to the Ronin, which has a 2" under belt, the BAG has a 1.5" which works for non "tactical" or non uniform pants. I have no idea what's up with the 2" under belt.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks, I recall the 2" under belt difference in the Ronin.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any comments on the Lead Devil belt? , similar to the Blue Alpha & Ronin? Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My avg guy opinion of the inner/outer velcro belts. Not a fan.

I have a Ronin and it's a great belt, well made. No complaints about that. However, I'm not a door kicker, I don't travel the country taking dozens of classes a year and I don't participate in weekly competitions. I don't have any dedicated clothes for classes, just a regular t-shirt and jeans, which means when I get to class I constantly have to take off my edc belt, holster and firearm then go through the process of putting on the Ronin belt. Afterwards I have to do it all over again.

So if it's a take to class belt then it's up to you. However, if it's also going to double as your middle of the night Antifa, civil unrest or run home in the middle of the day because sudden shtf end of the world then you'll either have to have a second, more traditional battle belt that goes overtop your clothes or have your velcro belt always on a pair of pants ready to go

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 10-11-20 at 08:33.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    My avg guy opinion of the inner/outer velcro belts. Not a fan.

I have a Ronin and it's a great belt, well made. No complaints about that. However, I'm not a door kicker, I don't travel the country taking dozens of classes a year and I don't participate in weekly competitions. I don't have any dedicated clothes for classes, just a regular t-shirt and jeans, which means when I get to class I constantly have to take off my edc belt, holster and firearm then go through the process of putting on the Ronin belt. Afterwards I have to do it all over again.

So if it's a take to class belt then it's up to you. However, if it's also going to double as your middle of the night Antifa, civil unrest or run home in the middle of the day because sudden shtf end of the world then you'll either have to have a second, more traditional battle belt that goes overtop your clothes or have your velcro belt always on a pair of pants ready to go

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Fair point, when it comes to "under belts" I like the "buckle" option on the Lead Devil belt, I had a Jones Tactical and after a while the velcro on the under belt just "gave up" LOL, Thanks

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    ...if it's also going to double as your middle of the night Antifa, civil unrest or run home in the middle of the day because sudden shtf end of the world then you'll either have to have a second, more traditional battle belt that goes overtop your clothes or have your velcro belt always on a pair of pants ready to go
    For OP, what Arik describes is actually what I do. I have an RDR Enhanced Instructor belt I picked up of the EE here. Great stuff, and my first over/under belt, and what I will be taking to a class this month (and ordered a smaller size direct from RDR for my wife). That said... I leave the 1.75” inner belt on pair of Magpul pants that I would drop into in a couple seconds if needed. Then, I picked up a 1.5” inner belt from AWS last week, along with one for my wife’s incoming RDR belt. The 1.5” inner belt is actually what Blue Alpha uses for their outer belts, apparently secures just fine; further, it threads through all my shorts/pants, as well as my wife’s. Win-Win-Win.

Just ideas for you.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I have one. It works. However...

It inverts the Velcro from every other belt on the market so the soft is on the inside of the outer belt and the hard Velcro is on the outside of the inner belt. Which chews the shit out of your belt loops and anything else you rub up against when only wearing the inner belt.

It also uses a stiffener unlike the Ronin which relies on nylon webbing material and craftsmanship to be as stiff so the Eagle is a touch thicker (not noticeable, just a data point).

I also have a Blue Alpha Gear Belt of the same type. I would buy that belt again and twice on Sunday (even over the Ronin). You can customize your package and getting and under belt with a buckle instead of just Velcro is soooo much better. They are a touch cheaper than Ronin and I don’t think they have the out of stock games Ronin has. They are built to order.
    Ah I didn't think of the hard velcro rubbing on pants loops. Good point

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast