Thread: Trijicon HD NS , set screw?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Trijicon HD NS , set screw?

I have a set of Trijicon NS on my TRP. We took it out to blast some 45 on steel and it was hitting way left. Look down at the sights and they are visible off. I get it straightened out but there is no set screw to keep it from drifting.

Any ideas on finding a set screw, they don't come with the sights? Or do I blue lock it?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’ve used a punch to raise a couple burrs on bottom of sight base which will displace metal and tighten the sight in the slide dovetail PB.
    I use Red Loctite or Green (“weeping”) depending on how tight the sight is in dovetail, if I don’t want to have to repeat the process.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Red loctite is your friend. Use more than you think it needs; wipe up the excess.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Is there a hole drilled for a set screw? I've never used Trijicon night sights on a 1911, only other platforms. I'd be suspicious of a sight not held by the friction of the dovetail alone.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I contacted Trijicon and they are sending me a new rear sight when all I need is a screw. But I saw on Brownells it said here is the sight, but there is no set screw. WTF Maybe locktite in the screw hole!!!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    https://www.edbrown.com/product/hdxr-front-sight/

I found out about these on the 1911 forum. Check the height, but Ed Brown specified theirs to have a hole for a sight pin. I installed a set on my Nighthawk with their rear sight. Works great.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just realized they never sent me shit.

PB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just realized they never sent me shit.

PB