Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JPC 2.0 question

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

JPC 2.0 question

Sorry if this has been discussed but couldn’t find it or on google.

I’ve got a JPC 2.0 coming and trying to figure out the front placard. I’d like to use one that will double as a chest rig when needed so I’m getting something with hook/loop back.

So if I have a placard with hook/loop back do I only need swift clips to mount it to the JPC? I am assuming yes but wanting to confirm.

Bonus points if you recommend a good placard / setup to go along with it too 🤓
    Men are not here to gain worldly comfort, they are here to strike a blow against evil and leave a mark on their world. ~Dennis Rainey

Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter. ~ Francis Chan

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Spiritus Systems seems to be the current hotness.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Yup, you just need a pair of clips. The Spiritus Micro and Haley D3CRM are popular choices. I believe Ferro makes a placard too. Spiritus has more aftermarket support but I liked Haley's method of mag retention more. Full disclosure, both placards are pretty hard to find right now.

AXL makes some clip bungie things that help retain the placard. I ordered a set to try out.

https://www.axladvanced.com/collecti...-retention-kit

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Haley, Spiritus, etc. Basically anything that's based on the original swift clip system. There are some variations in the height of the placard itself, the length of the buckle webbing, and the placement of the female buckles on the chest rig itself. Just something to be aware of, because the chest rig might not line up exactly with the loop field on the front of the JPC.

Also note that the JPC doesn't take the usual QASM clips that most carriers do. It just takes the normal ITW split female buckles.

I would kind of suggest rethinking the whole plan, though, and just getting one of the placards offered by Crye specifically for the JPC. The one negative on them is that they can't be worn as standalone chest rigs, but that's not what it's cracked up to be. For one thing it's not as comfortable as it looks. It's just really awkward feeling and hard to get on and off. For another, anything you place on the cummerbunds doesn't get transferred over to the chest rig. And the cummerbund is prime real estate for an IFAK and your number one spare mag.

The better solution in my mind is if plates are too heavy, just take them out. The JPC works fine without plates in the pockets, or even with IIIA backers alone. They're not all floppy when they're empty like most carriers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have the Haley chest rig which I occasionally use on my JPC "1.0" I don't have the Velcro front so I have to use the side straps with hooks which connect to the cumberbund.

Also, look into the Arbor Arms cumberbund. That way you don't have to lift the front flap to don and doff the carrier and don't have to mess around with the front panel/rig. I have the one with cobra buckles and its the best mod I ever made to my JPC.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Haley, Spiritus, etc. Basically anything that's based on the original swift clip system. There are some variations in the height of the placard itself, the length of the buckle webbing, and the placement of the female buckles on the chest rig itself. Just something to be aware of, because the chest rig might not line up exactly with the loop field on the front of the JPC.

Also note that the JPC doesn't take the usual QASM clips that most carriers do. It just takes the normal ITW split female buckles.

I would kind of suggest rethinking the whole plan, though, and just getting one of the placards offered by Crye specifically for the JPC. The one negative on them is that they can't be worn as standalone chest rigs, but that's not what it's cracked up to be. For one thing it's not as comfortable as it looks. It's just really awkward feeling and hard to get on and off. For another, anything you place on the cummerbunds doesn't get transferred over to the chest rig. And the cummerbund is prime real estate for an IFAK and your number one spare mag.

The better solution in my mind is if plates are too heavy, just take them out. The JPC works fine without plates in the pockets, or even with IIIA backers alone. They're not all floppy when they're empty like most carriers.

That makes sense. I am trying to make it easy to run a chest rig as well because I also compete in several run n gun competitions and during the middle of summer I’m trying to keep weight and ability to keep cool as a priority. I feel like any plate carrier is going to make it extra hot when I really just need my hydration and a couple of extra mags. Ideally I could just transition easily between the PC and CR with the same front setup.

The one I use now is an HSGI AO but I think it may be wider than the JPC.
    Men are not here to gain worldly comfort, they are here to strike a blow against evil and leave a mark on their world. ~Dennis Rainey

Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter. ~ Francis Chan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReRun View Post
    That makes sense. I am trying to make it easy to run a chest rig as well because I also compete in several run n gun competitions and during the middle of summer I’m trying to keep weight and ability to keep cool as a priority. I feel like any plate carrier is going to make it extra hot when I really just need my hydration and a couple of extra mags. Ideally I could just transition easily between the PC and CR with the same front setup.

The one I use now is an HSGI AO but I think it may be wider than the JPC.
    What’s the plate carrier going to be used for?

I see your point wanting a chest rig for the run and gun.

For a timed competition though I would be wanting mags on my belt. Getting mags out of a chest rig is slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah, not to get too far off track but I use a belt for primary reloads and use the chest rig when I need to carry more mags than is comfortable on the belt. It’s nice to spread the weight out.

The plate setup is for competitions where plates are required and also for times when plates are dictated by the scenario. So instead of having duplicate load outs I’d like to have it as a crossover.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReRun View Post
    Yeah, not to get too far off track but I use a belt for primary reloads and use the chest rig when I need to carry more mags than is comfortable on the belt. It’s nice to spread the weight out.

The plate setup is for competitions where plates are required and also for times when plates are dictated by the scenario. So instead of having duplicate load outs I’d like to have it as a crossover.
    Dang, those must be pretty intense stages. Well, sounds like a plan to me then. Like I said, Spiritus, Haley, etc. Just make sure to order the regular split buckles instead of the usual QASM clips. The JPCs are kind of unusual in that regard.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

JPC 2.0 question

I recently ditched the micro on my JPC 2.0, I switched to the M4 Crye flap for the JPC the micro extends too far out. Where the Flap is low profile and makes it far easier to maneuver with a rifle.

The Haley is staying around as a delicated Chest rig without the plate carrier.

M4 flap

Micro rig

The micro rig (dedicated)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 10-06-20 at 23:57.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast