Thread: Scalar works Peak sights for AR15

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Scalar works Peak sights for AR15

is anyone using the Peak sights on a 20" sight radius vs the 15" sight radius it was designed for?
    i was planning on using them on a 20" ar platform.
    thanks.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I almost think the 15" statement on their site is miss speak. Maybe they should have said 15" minimum. Think about it... The distance from the position on the upper where rear sights are typically mounted to the front of the receiver is about 5 1/2 inches. Look at the second picture down with Larry holding what looks to me like a 16" upper with a 15" handguard. The sight is behind the light at close to 15" from the rear sight. Pushing it out another 3" would probably improve the sight picture for most of us. Barrel length has nothing to do with it.. I don't know of a handguard much longer than 15".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I believe their statement regarding sight radius has more to do with the adjustments coinciding with the common carbine sight radius. No doubt they will work on a longer top but the adjustments may not evenly work out to whole click values.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    I believe their statement regarding sight radius has more to do with the adjustments coinciding with the common carbine sight radius. No doubt they will work on a longer top but the adjustments may not evenly work out to whole click values.
    This is how I understood the statement as well.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The longer the radius the finer the adjustments. Just shoot it on paper at 100 yards for a group. Adjust 10 clicks and shoot another group. Measure and divide by 10. Now you know your click value.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Found this;

Attachment 63977

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    awesome thank you TexasAggie2005.
    i did put the sights on my 20" aero and noticed the front sight is smaller than a standard a2,even using the small peep.but very happy with the sights,going to a range sunday to see how they work if i don't get rained out.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    The longer the radius the finer the adjustments. Just shoot it on paper at 100 yards for a group. Adjust 10 clicks and shoot another group. Measure and divide by 10. Now you know your click value.
    I understand now that TexasAggie posted the calculator. What would be 1/2 MOA adjustment at 15" radius would become 3/8 MOA with 20" between the sights. Nobody ever accused me of being a target shooter so I don't think like one!