Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Q honey badger pistol re-classified as a SBR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BATFE: the ultimate troll.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    I appreciate the helpful reply and information, thanks very much.
    Please note my edited post with a link to the ATF ruling.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Please note my edited post with a link to the ATF ruling.
    Read, copied, and bookmarked.

Thank you, my friend.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    IMPORTANT EDIT

ATF Ruling 2011-4 covers converting a rifle to pistol, pistol to rifle, and pistol to rifle to pistol.

This link directly opens the PDF ruling. Note its an atf.gov domain:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ru...stols/download

I would tell you what it says, but I can't make heads or tails of it.

Andy
    From the PDF:
    Held further, a firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3) and (a)(4), is not made when a pistol is attached to a part or parts designed to convert the pistol into a rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length, and the parts are later unassembled in a configuration not regulated under the NFA (e.g., as a pistol).

Held further, a firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(4), is made when a handgun or other weapon with an overall length of less than 26 inches, or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length, is assembled or produced from a weapon originally assembled or produced only as a rifle. Such weapons must be registered and are subject to all requirements of the NFA.
    IANAL, but it seems to confirm what I was saying. You can add a barrel of 16" or longer to your pistol lower, and even attach a stock to the receiver extension, but this does not make the lower a "rifle lower"; thus, you can return it to braced configuration and re-attach your barrel of less than 16" without running afoul. However, doing the opposite (putting a brace and a barrel of less than 16" onto a "rifle lower") is considered to be manufacturing an SBR because the lower was originally a firearm designed to be a rifle.

Please correct me if I'm misinterpreting this.

Also, thanks AndyLate!
    Last edited by MWAG19919; 10-14-20 at 03:09.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I swear they are deliberately vague.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-14-20 at 06:47.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Update:

Dear Customer:

Last Friday, October 9, 2020, our attorneys received a letter from ATF Chief Counsel Joel Roessner “temporarily suspending the Cease and Desist letter” associated with the Honey Badger Pistol by Q®. The letter states that the suspension, “will remain in effect for a period of sixty (60) days . . . unless withdrawn or extended by ATF.” The stated purpose of the suspension is to allow the Department of Justice (“DOJ”) an opportunity, “to further review the applicability of the National Firearms Act to the manufacture and transfer of the model ‘Honey Badger Pistol’ firearm.”

Our attorneys quickly followed up to inquire if the underlying Firearms and Ammunition Technology Division evaluation was also suspended but have not received a response. Regardless, until we are told otherwise by the U.S. government of a permanent decision, we must assume that the suspension of the Cease and Desist letter does not impact the ATF’s position that the Honey Badger Pistol is a National Firearms Act (“NFA”) weapon, as the ATF could arbitrarily withdraw the suspension at any time.

We believe this 60-day suspension is an effort to put manufacturers, distributors, and consumers at ease, and to postpone the issue past the presidential election in hopes that a new administration will take a different view. Using licensees as political pawns is unbecoming of a regulatory agency and ignoring the underlying evaluation in this letter is simply irresponsible. Q will not succumb to this level or irresponsibility. Therefore, without further clarification from ATF on their evaluation, we will not continue manufacturing the Honey Badger Pistol.[1]

Once again, we urge you to continue the pressure and contact the Department of Justice (ATF’s parent agency) by using this Take Action link provided by the National Rifle Association.

Additionally, we encourage you to continue reaching out to the White House and ask President Trump to halt and rollback ATF’s efforts to issue arbitrary and capricious decisions affecting millions of legal gun owners.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    So millions of people potentially will become felons after Jan 20 2021.

In spite of this, we have many here that don't support Trump.

So I have a question for those against Trump, if you will not vote for Trump over a brain dead piece of corrupt garbage. Then why should anyone think you will fight to keep a free country?
    They won’t. They’re pieces of shit. I said it. You vote for Biden you’re ok with pedophilia, murdering babies, and against the constitution. You’re a traitor and should be treated as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    BATFE: the ultimate troll.
    ^^This man gets it^^. Give him a cigar!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    They won’t. They’re pieces of shit. I said it. You vote for Biden you’re ok with pedophilia, murdering babies, and against the constitution. You’re a traitor and should be treated as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Easy there big fella, save some pussy for the rest of us
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Y'all are breaking the first two rules of fight club.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast