Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Q honey badger pistol re-classified as a SBR.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    SBR it, and if the Dem’s ever gain control, they will know right where to come to **take** it. And they will. IMHO, it might buy you some time short term, but IMHO, in the long run SBR ing is a fools game.
    Really, like they dont know where your pistol is? Might want to do some research on ATF digitally scanning bound books.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    SBR it, and if the Dem’s ever gain control, they will know right where to come to **take** it. And they will. IMHO, it might buy you some time short term, but IMHO, in the long run SBR ing is a fools game.
    You really think gov does not know or can’t find out quickly who has guns?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The honey badger brace seems to be very similar to the Maxim brace. I didn't know SB tactical made it. I'd like to know why one is OK and the other is not.

Last edited by signal4l; 10-07-20 at 10:02.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    You really think gov does not know or can’t find out quickly who has guns?
    Easy data to get. Acting on that data is the hard part. Finding officers/agents willing to do so will be even harder.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Easy data to get. Acting on that data is the hard part. Finding officers/agents willing to do so will be even harder.
    I agree. I always point people towards Paul Howe's excellent article from 2013 when gun confiscation becomes a topic of discussion:

https://soldiersystems.net/2013/03/2...howe/#comments

No doubt Creepy Joe and President Kamala will do everything they can to destroy the second amendment. But I don't think door-to-door confiscation is ever going to happen
    Last edited by signal4l; 10-07-20 at 10:15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I still have my brand new Q HONEY BADGER sitting here, unfired and lonely. Impulse buy, might have to sell it to fund my 2011 fix...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Oh they'll have no shortage of those, trust me.

That said, the biggest "actionable" problem they're gonna have is deniability. Right now there is no Federal law on the books to prevent you from selling your non-NFA items to anyone, and without record of it. They can wave a stack of 4473's in your face and all you gotta say is "Sorry, no mas. Sold them all." Now they won't believe you, but who friggin' cares? (just don't be stupid enough to actually have something to find if you tell them that, 'cause they'll no doubt be back with a warrant). TONS of shit will be "sold" or "lost". Only idiots with something to find will pay the price. So be smart, sell all your banned items before they come looking.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    That said, the biggest "actionable" problem they're gonna have is deniability. Right now there is no Federal law on the books to prevent you from selling your non-NFA items to anyone, and without record of it. They can wave a stack of 4473's in your face and all you gotta say is "Sorry, no mas. Sold them all." Now they won't believe you, but who friggin' cares? (just don't be stupid enough to actually have something to find if you tell them that, 'cause they'll no doubt be back with a warrant). TONS of shit will be "sold" or "lost". Only idiots with something to find will pay the price. So be smart, sell all your banned items before they come looking.
    Yep. Here in GA the buy/sell/trade forum is huge and everybody just meets in parking lots to buy/sell/trade everything. I've sold tons of guns that way over the last ten years, and there's no telling where they are now. Completely legal. Lots of those were new purchases where I did the 4473 then later sold it privately for cash. There's no way to track any of it that's not NFA.

Now, regarding the braces being reclassified. Is anyone surprised? Like, does anyone with half a functioning brain think all these braced AR pistols that have been sold for the last few years are being sold to paraplegics that can't hold a pistol correctly or whatever?

Everybody knows it's simply a loophole in the system that allows SBRs to be owned without NFA paperwork.

I think the whole barrel length limit is ridiculous and there should not be any NFA classification for such.

However, people being "outraged" and all about this are silly, and the ATF closing the loophole is hardly surprising. Really, I'm surprised it's been allowed to go on this long.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Oh they'll have no shortage of those, trust me.

If we get there, no one is doing anything and everyone is turning in their guns its an end game anyways. Line up for the trains.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

We don't need to agree on the encroachment. We just need to agree on the tipping point.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast