Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alpha Joe Coffee Coming (aka, Bomb Proof Coffee)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Will. I'm an AJ junkie... Is more than one scoop a day safe? I mean maybe 1.5 - 2 scoops a day on high coffee days? On some days I get by with 16 ounces of coffee... Some days I need 32. I've been afraid to dump in another scoop on refills.

To all of you java junkies out there, AJ is worth it. I've been using for well over a year now. I'd absolutely have to make my own lab if Will ever stopped selling this stuff. He posts the recipie, but there's no way I could make it as good for the same cost. Try it...
    I do 1-2 scoops depending on mood, etc, and no issues. Three ingredients are very safe all around. 10 years +, I gave away the recipe to anyone who wanted to make it themselves and still do.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I do 1-2 scoops depending on mood, etc, and no issues. Three ingredients are very safe all around. 10 years +, I gave away the recipe to anyone who wanted to make it themselves and still do.
    Thanks. I'll buy yours as long as it's around. I couldn't make it as well.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    All, this may be a way to super charge ye coffee + alphajoe experience, and adds flavor to boot. I have generally brushed off the claims of benefits of honey in the face of its sugar/fructose content, etc. However, I have read 7 studies that make it clear to me honey likely has some unique benefits on various targets of aging and health. As usual, more/larger studies are needed, yet I think it can’t be ignored at this point. I will continue to research the topic and do a full write up asap, but I will likely add 1-2 t-spoons to my daily coffee + AlphaJoeCoffee for the potential added health benefits and pleasant taste. One of those studies mentioned:

Nutrients. 2018 Aug; 10(8): 1009.

"A Review on the Protective Effects of Honey against Metabolic Syndrome"

Abstract

Metabolic syndrome (MetS) is a cluster of diseases comprising of obesity, diabetes mellitus, dyslipidemia, and hypertension. There are numerous pre-clinical as well as human studies reporting the protective effects of honey against MetS. Honey is a nutritional food low in glycemic index. Honey intake reduces blood sugar levels and prevents excessive weight gain. It also improves lipid metabolism by reducing total cholesterol (TC), triglyceride (TG), low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and increasing high-density lipoprotein (HDL), which leads to decreased risk of atherogenesis. In addition, honey enhances insulin sensitivity that further stabilizes blood glucose levels and protects the pancreas from overstimulation brought on by insulin resistance. Furthermore, antioxidative properties of honey help in reducing oxidative stress, which is one of the central mechanisms in MetS. Lastly, honey protects the vasculature from endothelial dysfunction and remodelling. Therefore, there is a strong potential for honey supplementation to be integrated into the management of MetS, both as preventive as well as adjunct therapeutic agents.

Cont: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6115915/
    Last edited by WillBrink; Yesterday at 12:54.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234