Thread: Olight Warrior Mini. Big thumbs down.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)

Olight Warrior Mini. Big thumbs down.

I decided to pick one of these up the other day during one of their flash sales.

Overall good light output. Seems as well made as any other olight, etc. However it has one unforgivable flaw.
    Despite the fact that it states it takes 18650 batteries, these are not really 18650 batteries. They are a "customized" battery which means you can't use any standard 18650 in the light.

As far as I can tell they have some sort of sleeve under the shrink wrap of the battery. It brings the negative terminal up and around to the top of the battery in a ring so that it can contact the head of the light. I assume this was done as some sort of cost saving measure since I can think of no practical reason to make this change. I did some research and apparently they have a couple lights like this.

I would be a lot less mad about this if they disclosed it ahead of time. However the information is not available anywhere on their web site. It states that is comes with a "customized" battery but not that it won't work with standard 18650s. I find this quite deceptive. Given how cheap that light was I don't think I will return it. But I sure have less trust in them.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I decided to pick one of these up the other day during one of their flash sales.

Overall good light output. Seems as well made as any other olight, etc. However it has one unforgivable flaw.
    Despite the fact that it states it takes 18650 batteries, these are not really 18650 batteries. They are a "customized" battery which means you can't use any standard 18650 in the light.

As far as I can tell they have some sort of sleeve under the shrink wrap of the battery. It brings the negative terminal up and around to the top of the battery in a ring so that it can contact the head of the light. I assume this was done as some sort of cost saving measure since I can think of no practical reason to make this change. I did some research and apparently they have a couple lights like this.

I would be a lot less mad about this if they disclosed it ahead of time. However the information is not available anywhere on their web site. It states that is comes with a "customized" battery but not that it won't work with standard 18650s. I find this quite deceptive. Given how cheap that light was I don't think I will return it. But I sure have less trust in them.
    Yup. That is a real bitch by flashlight owners about some of their lights. Even their Warrior Pro has a custom 21700. Sure the 5000mAh runtime is great, but come on. Just make it a standard 21700 please. Hopefully they will listen to the bitching for the future.

I usually post up their flash sales to help guys get some deals, but didn't post this one up on purpose for reasons. One of them being the one you have an issue with.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 10-08-20 at 11:41.

Feedback Score

Olight Warrior Mini. Big thumbs down.

“Hopefully they will listen to the bitching in the future”

Be careful what you wish for LOL

At least that cheap Chinese trash doesn’t seem to have any spyware installed yet, so there is one point for the plus side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mercs; 10-10-20 at 09:56.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post

At least that cheap Chinese trash doesn’t seem to have any spyware installed yet, so there is one point for the plus side

They actually seem pretty well made, not to the level of surefire, but for someone who isn't a door kicker.....

But this is without question a terrible design choice.

I am trying to figure out if I can design a sleeve for standard batteries that would allow it to work. Looking at the Odins I have, they seem to be designed the same way.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post

I understand your concern, but it's a flashlight, not a computer.