Thread: Looking to build no frills, highly reliable *shtf* type AR.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    If you're a novice at AR building and this is a serious use rifle--I'd suggest taking the solid advice you were given and get a complete rifle from one of the quality rifle makers that were listed. If you are serious about depending for your life on this rifle, don't cut corners, buy a complete rifle or at least a complete upper and a complete lower. If you want a specific suggestion, here's an in-stock rifle from a solid builder with a great reputation, this is what I'd get today if just starting: Sionics Patrol Rifle. Tip: If you get that rifle, the "upgrade to 2-stage trigger" option is well worth it, I have that trigger in another rifle.
    Looks like a very solid rifle. I'd want to get the gas block pinned. I can't afford the entire rifle now but I could swing the lower. I like that the lower ALOT. It comes with a staked qd endplate, enhanced mil-spec trigger (probably np3 like the bcm pnt) , h-buffer with a springco blue spring, ambi safety, magpul grip and rounded trigger guard. If I buy this lower for $445 ( this price includes an ambi safety, pmag, magpul sl stock) the only addition I'd need is the arms unlimitd ambi mag release for $25. Says it won't ship for 6-8 weeks but it seems like a great option for me. The mag release is the one thing I've done before and there is seriously nothing to it at all.

Also Max, I may very well just spend and extra $40 for their 2 stage nib trigger. I just read the description of it and it has FULL WEIGHT Hammer spring. That is very important from what I understand and I believe the Geissele triggers do the same thing correct?

The lower total after shipping and FFL transfer plus the ambi mag release would total either $460 or $500 depending on trigger. This seems like a good fit for me.
    Last edited by Cowboys1; 11-22-20 at 19:39.