Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to build no frills, highly reliable *shtf* type AR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Can’t remember if they opened up last year or the year before. New, definitely caused some people to wonder when they first offered their LMT items. But it’s solid.
    I showed my brother. He is kind of sour because he could've got the New Zealand Reference Rifle instead of the LMT he kitted out.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    LWRC makes a nice ambidextrous lower, as does American Defense. Might be easier to buy a ready made, vice a "part swap out" lower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    LWRC makes a nice ambidextrous lower, as does American Defense. Might be easier to buy a ready made, vice a "part swap out" lower.
    Oh I'd love one of them LWRC lowers. Again though can't find in stock and they are damn expensive. I really kinda have my heart set on a Mars-l lower now. I can get one in April so maybe I'll just use an Aero lower until I can get one. Then I can use the Aero lower for something else. Maybe a 6.8 spc or something idk.

Feedback Score
    Because there's not a lot of wisdom in fixing things that aren't broken? Give it a chance first.

Feedback Score
    I understand and you make sense. Some people say that about using any ambi parts. I always say well I bet you're right handed lol. As I've said, the one AR function that works well for lefty shooters is the bolt release so it's not needed for me.

Btw, I'm not left handed. I'm extreme left eye dominate and basically can't shoot long guns righty. I shoot my pistols right handed but lean the gun a little left and cock my head a little right to compensate. I've had a few people try and tell me to use my left, NOT GONNA HAPPEN shooting pistols.

Question, Since I ordered an Aero upper I'd like to pair with an Aero lower. The M4E1 lower's will they match up with the standard Aero upper? Also the m4e1 with the threaded bolt catch is there any chance it could ever walk out over time making my bolt catch not work? Locktite or a non issue? I may go with a gen 2 lower instead but I like the look of the m4e1 with the built in trigger guard.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Whether or not it exactly “matches,” a standard upper will look fine and work fine on an M4E1 upper. Of course, the M4E1 upper would look perfect.

If you don’t plan to change the bolt catch, use a little blue Loctite.

Feedback Score
    Well the plan is in motion. I just ordered the stripped lower. Went with a gen 2 Aero precision stripped lower. Good price too, less than $100 shipped. They can be found in stock right now on several web sites if anyone is interested.
    Maybe I'll update on the original post I made to keep progress of this build?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys1 View Post
    Well the plan is in motion. I just ordered the stripped lower. Went with a gen 2 Aero precision stripped lower. Good price too, less than $100 shipped. They can be found in stock right now on several web sites if anyone is interested.
    Maybe I'll update on the original post I made to keep progress of this build?

Again I’ll ask, how many AR15s you’ve built....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    All looks good. Get the best LPK you can find. SOLGW and BCM BCG's are great. Toolcraft is also good: get the milspec not the 91xx steel bolt. You could get it all done at "SOLGW Blaster Pack" with enhanced FCG and BCG. Inspect everything well and fit everything, make sure to torque the barrel nut per-spec anti seize. Inspect the fit on the upper to barrel extension and make sure the feed ramps do not conflict with the upper. I believe Aero forged receivers are really good: I like E2 Armory myself at a similar price point. Make sure you get all the pins and springs fitted properly, and oil and grease it well and do function checks to ensure everything is working properly. If you have never done a build make sure your FCG pins are locked in by the trigger and hammer spring, aeroshell the trigger to hammer sear surface, make sure your split pins are seated flush, and bend your safety spring properly so it does not fly out when removing the grip. Ensure the BCG is properly staked, and stake the extension after you torque it and cycle the gun. I have a rule of thumb: I de-grease all parts and oil everything excessively after I assemble with a small amount of assembly oil, I also grease certain bearing surfaces. I use a bio lube and apply the lube hot. Sounds like a good build. Oh yes and lastly: if you are installing your own gas block have a pro do it for you unless you have done it before successfully.
    Last edited by Core781; 10-18-20 at 23:49.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Again I’ll ask, how many AR15s you’ve built....
    Based on lack of response I think we know the answer.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast